What have you done to your reef tank today?

I scraped the algae out of the corners of my tank. Paid the price by getting bi from the female clown, right on the inside of the bicept. How do they always know where the soft skin is? Now I am working in the stand to hand the power strips and get everything neat and clean looking down there.

Checked my water parameters, Ammonia at 0.50 PH at 7.6, Cleaned the glass, and tried to remove 2 gorilla crabs I found.

Justin (Mng) came over and brought me a rock with some mushrooms on it. Then he installed a GFCI receptacle for all my tank equipment.

Oh and he told me I have the nicest looking tanks EVER and that the true beauty of my tanks couldn't possibly show up in pictures!! ;)

I almost overflowed my main tank. I remade a syphon tube. I added a new powerhead. And least we not forget I did overflow a skimmer cup.

I replaced my GFO and carbon in my reactors, cleaned my drain pipes, did a top off, fed my fishies, and though about reintroducing a foxface.

Justin (Mng) came over and brought me a rock with some mushrooms on it. Then he installed a GFCI receptacle for all my tank equipment.

Oh and he told me I have the nicest looking tanks EVER and that the true beauty of my tanks couldn't possibly show up in pictures!! ;)

Thats nice, he pays YOU to do work on your tank:mrgreen: I love it. Anybody wanna come over to work on my tank? I will only charge one frag each:mrgreen:

I'm going to love this thread as well. Here's what I did to my tank today. Actually my nephew did it while he was over, while I watched and supervised.:D Got some more room in the front of the rock and all around made a better looking presentation on the tank. Fish seem to like it alot better. Here's some pics. 1st is before- 2nd after.

The second photo rocks! Nice work!

Yesterday I added moonlights. I added a clam and a new piece of coral. I scraped down my glass, shined up the outside, fed a bit of mysis shrimp and gave my anemone a piece of silverside. I also topped off my tank with a bit of RO water, and turned my spaghetti algae grow light on and off. I need to get it on a timer today. Oh yes, and I did laundry...lots and lots of laundry! Hehehe

Looked at my tank as soon as I got home from work yesterday.Stuck my finger in the water to test the temp.:D

This morning touch tested the temp again ( I do that daily ).
Pulled a couple of welks out and tossed them in the sump.

Did a 10% water change, cleaned inside glass, light cover and removed some algae from the sand and rocks. Tested water for PH, Phosphates, Mag, Alkalinity and Calcium. Fed the fish.:mrgreen:

Did a 25% water change today, mixed some new salt water, cleaned the glass inside and out, and found MORE hitchhikers!

He's just buttering you up so he never gets banned. :mrgreen:

Hehehe....while feeding the fish last night, I stuck my finger in the water, and felt tingling...panicked, grabbed my voltage meter, but no voltage...thank god!

Tested salinity, and so far so good -- the diy'd ATO we installed a few weeks ago is working PERFECTLY!! yay! It's really saved me time. Plus I can safely leave for a weekend and not worry about topoffs (just have to worry about coming home to a flood...hehehehe)

Checked the inhabitants. Peppermint Patty (Peppermint Shrimp) had molted and left her exo on one of the powerheads. It always freaks me out when they do that. It looks like they died but I know she was ok because she was standing next to it waving at me.:D Fed the fish.

Back