What is next...?

I wouldnt add any sanils yet your still in the beging of a cycle wait till your nitrates go down to add snails. You can add a clown but I wouldnt with it still cycling it may die. A damsel is a better choice if you need to add a fish, however, with all that live rock you might not be able to catch it when you want to get rid of it. IMO I would wait out the cycle then add slowly. If you add too much too fast you will likely cycle your tank again due to the added bio load. If you want to be safe take it slow and wait. Just my :twocents: though.

Hum.. Well... I went to my local LFS to pick 7up some snaile. i promised myself before i got in there that I would NOT BUY MY CLOWNS!!!! Guess what I came out of there with??? 2 Percula clowns..... and 3 Turbo snails.... I met this guy that works there, and he comes over to my place evry once in a while to check my tank. I guess we are pretty much friends by now... And he told me hat clowns should be fine.... So after asking him a mjillion time if he was sure (as he was getting aggravated), I decided to take 2 perculas... They had a large tank full of it, swimming around all over... Full of energy! I just coudn t resist even tho I promised myself I woudn t buy a fish, i ended up buying 2 clowns... I hope I am not pushing my luck.... I tested my water before i went and brought him all the details... Even another guy said it was fine.... So far so good.. they are hangning in the tank.. Hiding in a corner.... Will definetely keep an eye on my water and make sure everything is ok.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :^: :^: :^:

Really, today, i just could not resist the temptation.... I better stay away from my LFS for a while.... if my clowns are not to survive, how long will it take? If they make it for the first couple weeks, they should do fine right?

*** P.S. For the angry people on here, do not yell at me cause I bought fish!! I just could not resist at all!!!!!!!!!!!

Here they are!!! Just hiding in the corner of my tank.. It's been 2 hours now, and they started swimming all around already!!! They are just so cute!!!!!! Luv them!!!

PictureNewhairClownFish015.jpg

PictureNewhairClownFish023.jpg

PictureNewhairClownFish024.jpg

I think they should be fine. Clowns are very hardy. The snails are a bit more sensitive though.

I have the same problem going into my LFS, except I realize that my tank is pretty much maxed out for animals, so instead of new pets I end up buying all sorts of equipment and books and crap that I probably don't need!

Yeah... It is so tempting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next purchase will be a yellow tang.... But not now... I'll wait a month or so before I add anything else... I ll wait and see how the clowns are doing.... One thing at a time... Im not gonna be pushing my luck...

I dont think anybody is mad at you, we just want to give you the best advise we can to help avoid some problems. I know it hard to resist.The clowns look nice they are some of my favorite fish alot of personality.

Yellow tangs are pretty hardy, some say they are more susceptible to parasites than other species, so try to minimize stress (if they get stressed they will break out with ich). The yellow tang is the biggest fish I have in my tank and he's cool to watch (although I still like my firefish the best. Maybe because I hardly ever get to see them). I'm afraid he might outgrow my tank eventually, then I'll have to get rid of him :( .

Jermpool, That is hilarious!!! It is so something I would do...lol....

Bifferwine, how can you reduce stress on fish??

The clowns are doing great. they swim all over now. They were even eating some flake food yesterday night....So far so good....:^:

Just make sure your water quality stays good, make sure they are eating enough, make sure they are not fighting with other animals, etc. Basically make them as happy as possible, that reduces stress.

What is that????

Tonight, i was feeding my clowns.... I sat on the chair in front of my tank and I was just watching my clowns eat... Then this thing crowled out from under a rock!!! I almost felt off my chair!!!!!!! Ran up stairs, grabbed the camera, and the batterie dies on me after the 1st shot... Hopefully, someone can tell me what this is.... Is is super long... probably about 6-8 inches long!!!! I know the pic is not the best of all... But hopefully, someone can tell me what this is!!!???!!! This is truly trippin me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100_1713.JPG

I think its a bristle worm. Some are good and some are bad I think. Not sure though I dont know much about them. I'm sure someone on here does though.

Is there any way to remove it from the tank? And NO I AINT TOUCHING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is freaky for real!!! This thing is HUGE!!!!!!!!!! Any traps that you can make??? And if so, how...?

They do sell traps but that is a big worm so I dont know if it will work, however, you can get a pair of tongs and pull it out when you see it agian. It might be good for your tank though so wait and see what other people say. Unless you really dont want it in there.

yes bobby is correct they do sell them but I would wait till we can get a better visual to tell if it is good or not some are beneficial to the aquarium, as far as picking it up not something I would suggest either they tend to hurt.

Me, picking this thing up with tongs?? LMAO!! This is not happening!!!!!!!! I'm way too frightened of worms to do that!!!! I'll see tonight if I may be able to snap a better picture of it......

Me, picking this thing up with tongs?? LMAO!! This is not happening!!!!!!!!

LOL. Its not that bad. With tongs you dont have to touch it. Just make your friend from the lfs do it.

Back