What is next...?

when your tank completes the cycle you may want to invest in a wrasse or a butterfly tang just a suggestion, I would love to have seen your reaction to seeing it for the first time.

Bobby, lol.. Even with tongs!! LMAO!! And my friend from the LFS!! LMAO!!! Yeah right... He'd rather look at me and have a good lagh!!! Just like when I bought the 3 turbo snails and the 2 clown fish. I placed the clowns in a bucket and the snails in a different bucket and did the dripping method. he came over to help me out, and he made me pick the snails!!!! I hate snails!! It scares the sh*t out of me!!! And I bought 3 snails, and they all sticked toghether. He made me pull on it to separate the 3 snails. just doing that took me probably half an hour!!! I was pulling on the snails so hard, and they would come out of the shell and still be stuck to the other snails. Once I could feel that i would put so much tension and they would still be stuck, I'd just throw them back in the bucket and run away like a wuss!!! He was laghing so hard at me!!!!!!! Even tho I was trying my best, didn t matter how many times i asked him to do it, he'd force me to do it and just lagh the whole time!!! So if I ask him about the worm, forget it, he's gonna make me pick it with my hands!!!!!!!!!!! And he's gonna have a free comedy show!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! No WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even with tongs... No way.. Just to see the worm move around... Even in my tank, it discuss me!!!

And Jelleyman, Yes, you would of laghed forever to see my face when I seen this creepy thing crawled out from my rock!!! I probably looked like this
->:shock: i think it was probably a kodak moment!!! I'm just not a big fan of worms, snails, spiders and stuff like that.... I don't mind fish, shrimps... But even whenill buy corals, not sure how I will handle that.. Must have a real weird texture....

What is rough like sand paper? the corals or worms???

I will definetely try and get a better pic of him tonight. hopefully, he's gonna come out!! And if I don t neeed him in there, ill have to find a way to take this thing out!

Sixline wrasses eat little bristleworms. I have a sixline -- reef safe.

Bristleworms are good for your tank. They eat all the gunk and leftover food that falls on the bottom. I have a gazillion of them in my tank, I remove them once they get too big (6 to 8 inches) but that's just because they are creepy! If you turn all the lights out at night and wait, they'll swarm your rocks and sand. If I have a giant one, I wait a while after I turn the lights out and shine a little flashlight around to find it, then I grab it with the tweezers and put it in my fuge. I've only had a couple in my tank that got so big I had to remove them (both of them were about 8 inches long).

It is a good sign that you have bristleworms, they are one of the best tank cleaners you can have. I guarantee you have a lot more than that one in there :mrgreen: .

Last edited:
Some bristle worms are bad. I have heard, never tried it, take a foot off of a pair of pantyhose and put some raw shrimp in it and drop it in your tank when the lights are out and the worms get thier feet caught and can't get out. Here is a link to some other traps.

http://ozreef.org/diy_links/list/onecat/Projects|General%20System%20Equipment|Traps/*/

Don't hold me to this,but I read some where that there are only 1 or 2 kinds of bristle worms that are actually bad.90% of the ones that make it into your tank are actually a good addition to your cleanup crew. read that on melvsreef if I remember right.

yote said:
Don't hold me to this,but I read some where that there are only 1 or 2 kinds of bristle worms that are actually bad.90% of the ones that make it into your tank are actually a good addition to your cleanup crew. read that on melvsreef if I remember right.

Seems like I read that most of them are good but some do eat your coral, and you don't want them to overpopulate. Keep the smaller ones and get rid of the larger ones when you see them.

Yeah, there's a species or two that's bad but they are extremely rare. 99.9% of the ones in your tank are probably fine. The bad ones "can be distinguished by its reddish to silver-gray body color, the presence of blood-red frilly gills about each tuft of chaetae and the presence of frilled appendages (the "beard") on the back of the head." The good ones are "oval to almost rectangular in cross section; has one large tuft of white, calcareous bristles on each side of each segment and frilly pink or orange gills located above each bristle tuft. Basic color is pink, pinkish orange or tan. A beneficial scavenger in the aquarium, this species should not be removed. Exceptionally beneficial scavenger." And that's according to THE book, written my Mr. Ronald L. Shimek, Ph.D. himself.

Basically, if yours is pink, orange or tan = good. Red = bad.

Last edited:
Hey Bifferwine, You are right, They are really creepy when they are big!! The one in my tank is a monster!!!!!!! One way or another, as long as I don't see it during the day, I m cool...lol.. I'll leave it there and if he eats the dirt, and food left over...then good!! Can't complain!!! lol....SO I guess it is a good worm if it is of a tan color... I definetely know it is not red. Thanx for all te info...!!!

One more question, when you guys feed your fish at night, do you turn off all the filters and skimmers???

I'm in luv with my clown fish!!! My friends calls then the nemo's!! So cute!!!! SO far so good.. They eat well, and chill in my tank... Hope it will stay like that....

I dont have a set feeding time they eat when I get home from work. As long as you keep your water in good standing and there not showing any signs of stress or desease they should live a long time.

Back