What is the difference in these three?

I thought about that too cuz I already have one just dont have a stand to hide it in. Does anyone know a good way to set it up? Or have some good links to show details of how to make it work? How much of a difference will a refuge do for my tank?

I can't find any links right now but, if by difference you mean benefit ... There are four main benefits and some one else might be able to point out more but, 1 your adding total volume of water to your system which will increase it's stability, 2 you can put all of your equipment in there (heater, skimmer, and anything else), 3 you can grow chaeto which will keep your nitrates down, and 4 it will give you a place to grow pods which can be a beneficial live food source some some fish.

could I completely eliminate the HOB filter that I have? or should I still use it?

You could always use your hob filter on the the sump instead of the dt. If its a good brand skimmer its probably fine for your tank but if its cheap then get something better thats not hob. a cpr bak pak or aqua remora are pretty good hob.

You could always use your hob filter on the the sump instead of the dt. If its a good brand skimmer its probably fine for your tank but if its cheap then get something better thats not hob. a cpr bak pak or aqua remora are pretty good hob.

Those are skimmers. There's a difference between an HOB skimmer and an HOB filter. Ditch the HOB filter altogether. And get a good skimmer instead.

Those are skimmers. There's a difference between an HOB skimmer and an HOB filter. Ditch the HOB filter altogether. And get a good skimmer instead.

Ohhhh I misread that :frustrat:...Had a long night last night :D...Yeah if its a hob filter then it needs to go unless you have a freshwater tank. Only good thing they are good for is clearing up a tank when cloudy but other then that they are junk...<<<My :twocents:

Back