What to add?

clancaster23

Reefing newb
Have a chance to add one or two fish to my 75 and one fish to my 40. Looking for opinions on what to add.

Both are reef tanks with corals so keep that in mind.

75 has two tomato clowns, kole yellow eye tang, lawnmower blenny and a pink-spotted watchman goby.

40 gallon has a coral beauty and two ocellaris clowns.

It should be fine in your tank as long as you have a good amount of rockwork for it to swim around. Or you could check out the potters wrasse. With any wrasse though you're going to want to make sure you have a cover on your tank to keep them from jumping.

Yeah, was just reading, I don't have lids on either of the tanks due to the fact that I'm still running hob skimmers on both. I'd rather not worry about a wrasse hopping out so we will exclude wrasses for the moment unfortunately. I was really looking at the six-line good.

I have seen those at the store I get fish from and have considered them. My main worry would be if the clowns would leave them alone being they aren't very large fish even full grown. As I posted, I moved my coral beauty to the 40 gallon. I thought they were leaving him alone as his fins appeared to have healed but over the last couple days I see they have nipped his tail fin a good bit so he had to be moved.

I got the six line wrasse. He is in the tank and browsing around his new home. I'm thinking if it did decide to start jumping, it wouldn't come out of the tank because I have my lights rather close to the top of the tank and I have two over it so it's pretty fairly covered up so I'm hoping it will be enough. We will see.

And down the drain goes $100... no thanks.

Anyways, I'm thinking of making me some sort of screen now to cover the top. Any hot-to's around for making one?

Back