what to do?

Reefer buddy

Reefing newb
So I have some alge issues that I cant kick. I have a 90 gal with 2 Krolias 6 @2200 gph and a triton 3 return @ around 800 gph, for flow. I have an octopuss skimmer with cheto and carbon at the moment in the sump. my ph is 8.2 amonia is 0 trate and trite both @0 tested today from bottom of tank no different than from top. any ideas:frustrat: Oh bio load two clowns one chromie one dottyback, one blue damsel(on his way out...p*@ker head), one horseshoe crab some hermits and turbos and nasarius snails

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Nah it still stays small. Are you taking that with your phone or something? That could be why.

Are there tiny air bubbles in the strands, kind making them look snotty?

Looks like either slime algae or dinoflagellates. Increasing water flow in the area will help. It's usually caused by overstocking and overfeeding. I don't think you are overstocked -- so what and how much are you feeding?

Also, how often and how much do you do for water changes? Do you use tap water or RODI water?

You can help get rid of it by sucking out as much as you can by hand (using a turkey baster may be your best bet), then turning the lights off for about 4 days. Then do about a 20% water change -- using RODI water.

I feed flake and bring shrimp once every other day.and once a week spot feed corals. Water change about 6 gal every week forget once in a while:( with RODI water. No I do not test for phosphates.

I would stop feeding the flakes and switch to frozen foods only. You will need more of a variety than brine. Petco and Petsmart carry a whole bunch of different frozen foods for saltwater. It's not uncommon for people that use flake foods to have more algae problems.

Back