What type of clown?

clancaster23

Reefing newb
I picked up a new clown last weekend and now I need to get him/her a mate to swim with. I want to go tomorrow and pick on up but I'm not 100% sure what type it is. It isn't your typical orange colored clown but more of a yellowish color with the white stripes. I want to get the same type so they will get along well. Pic were taken with my phone and this fish doesn't stay still long enough to take a good one.
IMG_20130920_194123_080.jpg
IMG_20130920_194050_297.jpg
IMG_20130920_194110_120.jpg

It's either Ocellaris or Percula, either of which can be paired with each other. You will want to find one significantly smaller than the one you have to keep down aggression.

I'm going with Percula, but the only way to find out is counting the dorsal spines. Good luck with that...I usually go by colour and definition, but even then its a lucky guess at most. However, like Angie said, they are very compatible.

I picked one up that looked similar and is a little smaller than the original. They are much too wiggly to get a good pic of especially with just a camera phone but I tried. This is just at night way past when the halides are on. They seem to be getting along just fine.

IMG_20130923_205650_212.jpg

IMG_20130923_205719_280.jpg

That thing is huge lol. No doubt the biggest thing in the tank. They swim around it a lot but they go about the whole tank. I have a new starry blenny that will either sit at the bottom of it on a rock and sometimes he will even sit on the edge of it on the top just chillin admiring the view. I'll have to try to get a pic of it when he does it again.

Back