What type of fish should I add too my tank?

AnthonyTheNewbie

Reef enthusiast
Any input on what type of fish would co-exist well with the few that I have already would be greatly appreciated. Also, I don't mind some-what aggresive fish..just not openly hostile nor carnivores. List of fish I have can be see below! Thanks :).

A more aggressive dwarf angel (such as a flame angel) would work, or you could also go with a six-line wrasse or black-cap basslet, both of whom could hold their own with that crowd!

A more aggressive dwarf angel (such as a flame angel) would work, or you could also go with a six-line wrasse or black-cap basslet, both of whom could hold their own with that crowd!

Ah, my local pet store actually has a flame angel in stock. Gorgeous fish lol. He's asking 50ish for it... is that a fair price for one?

Okay, I enjoy dealing with my local guy, but sometimes his prices are a little crazy. He has a Trigger that is definitely showcase sized, roughly 450ish for him. Looks amazing though.

Also, anyone have any advice on Clown breeding/mating? The two False Osc I have were both tank raised together and enjoy eachothers company with no hostility whatsoever. Any advice would be appreciated :).

Is the tank a reef tank or FOWLR? Because if you have coral then a dwarf angel might not work because they are 50/50 if they will eat coral. But if you dont have any coral then go for the dwarf angel.

Is the tank a reef tank or FOWLR? Because if you have coral then a dwarf angel might not work because they are 50/50 if they will eat coral. But if you dont have any coral then go for the dwarf angel.

I'm not sure how to set up a reef and take care of it. I would love it if anyone on here was willing to teach me what I needed to know before doing it. I just learned about cycling the water in the tank about a month and a half ago.... no one had told me about it before. I had 3 Blue and Gold Damsels and 3 Blue/Green Chromis die before my local pet store taught me everything I needed to check before the water was fish friendly.

Also, I bought a star fish today that has long tentacle like legs, anyone mind filling me in on the name (scientific name as well if you can) for it?

I'm not sure how to set up a reef and take care of it. I would love it if anyone on here was willing to teach me what I needed to know before doing it. I just learned about cycling the water in the tank about a month and a half ago.... no one had told me about it before. I had 3 Blue and Gold Damsels and 3 Blue/Green Chromis die before my local pet store taught me everything I needed to check before the water was fish friendly.

Also, I bought a star fish today that has long tentacle like legs, anyone mind filling me in on the name (scientific name as well if you can) for it?

Realy the hardest part of makeing a reef tank is getting good lighting and good flow. You you want to make a reef tank you could start up another thread and i am sure people on here would help you along. But a FOWLR is a great for beginners.

The starfish is probably eather a serphant star or a brittle star. Both are harmless unless you have a green brittle star.

Realy the hardest part of makeing a reef tank is getting good lighting and good flow. You you want to make a reef tank you could start up another thread and i am sure people on here would help you along. But a FOWLR is a great for beginners.

The starfish is probably eather a serphant star or a brittle star. Both are harmless unless you have a green brittle star.

It's a brittle star i believe, not the green one tho. And thanks for the advice, I'm going to work on acquiring some more LR before attempting any coral with it. Only have roughly 10-15 lbs of it in a 55 g tank lol. My local pet store sells it for 8.99 a lb which seems a bit pricey. Would I be able to buy dead rocks since i have some live ones already, and would they bring life too the dead ones?

It only take around 2-4 weeks for it to become alive but it takes several months before it looks alive. It does have to be a certaint type of rock, like you cant go out in your yard and throw in any rock. This is a good place to get cheap good rock :) MarcoRocks Aquarium Products

It only take around 2-4 weeks for it to become alive but it takes several months before it looks alive. It does have to be a certaint type of rock, like you cant go out in your yard and throw in any rock. This is a good place to get cheap good rock :) MarcoRocks Aquarium Products

Thanks, I just ordered 25 lbs of Dry Key Largo Rocks from them. :). Once i get a serious amount of LR going and got enough fish that I'm happy with. I'll invest in some T5s and a really nice powerhead to work on some coral with :D. Super excited now! (Was free shipping on the 25 lbs lol :bounce:)

Thanks, I just ordered 25 lbs of Dry Key Largo Rocks from them. :). Once i get a serious amount of LR going and got enough fish that I'm happy with. I'll invest in some T5s and a really nice powerhead to work on some coral with :D. Super excited now! (Was free shipping on the 25 lbs lol :bounce:)

I'd like to know if you have received your rock yet and if so, could you post a FTS?:question:

Back