what would I be lacking??

imdaring

love my reef
I have a heck of a time growing stony type coral like acans, Monti's, birds nest, trumpets?? this is not a just nre thing going on it has been all the time, tested the water yesterday and everything is GREAT
PH 8.5
nitrite 0
nitrate 0
ammonia 0
cal 440
KH 8 ppm
so what would I be lacking in the water, drives me crazy :frustrat::frustrat: any suggestions

Dumb question but I'm thinking you mean your alkalinity is 8 dKH ?

If it was measured in ppm CaCO3 equivalent it should be around 150 but I don't think i've seen a test that is made today that measures it in that unit

This is the tank that was started in April 2008?

What kind of lights do you have?

opps your right it was 8dkh so that would be 143.2 ppm

I have 2 250wt MH and 4 54wt T5's
this is a new tank but only the tank I have had a set up sence 2008 but nothing in this tank is new except of the tank i just set up a 90 gal with a 55 gal sump

Last edited:
imdaring are your acans living well or just not growing because ive noticed that with my acans to there happy just not growing at all :(

everything else is doing great (thriving) I have Nems that have split several times Zoe's exenias, Kenya, the stonys that I have that are doing good are Bubble coral, frog spawn, tourch coral but now the frog spawn and the torch don't seem to be growing at all, the bubble is doing great and seems to be growing well Maybe I need to start to feed them something? right now I add Marine snow and coral frenzy
all your lps is doing fine though?

Back