What you do ASAP....Tang probs

I just finished adding my "ick army"

I added 2 cleaner shrimp(damn they are small)
I also added a cleaner wrasse.

Lastly, I picked up some selcon, more garlic guard and some of enriched new life spectrum pellets...

Wish me luck...

Well here are some updated shots as of this afternoon. I am very happy with the progress to date.

The ick army was doing well until the cleaner wrasse had an unfortunate fate... the cleaner shrimp as of yet are proving useless.

I continue to pound the selcon and garlic to him.... I have also raised the tank 1 degree and am still feeding him often.

IMG_5871_web.jpg

IMG_5869_web.jpg

IMG_5865_web.jpg

IMG_5864_web.jpg

IMG_5863_web.jpg

IMG_5858_web.jpg

Looks great KD..Keep pumping him with food. Looks like a different fish already. Fingers crossed for you.

I'm still in the round and round we go cycle of ick.... but overall things look better.

My purple never got it... the Chevron got in bad but seems to be recovering... the achilles well we all saw that. and none of the other fish got it.

Here are a few updated shots.
Chevron
IMG_2062_web.jpg

IMG_2037_web.jpg

Here is the Achilles
IMG_2059_web.jpg

Compared to this when I first got him....
achilles_ick.jpg

I guess what I am worried about is the cycle is just going round and round...

I am really starting to think the only way to get rid of this is to take out all the fish and QT in Hypo... thoughts?

That is the only way.

I would wait until they arent showing signs of it. Then QT and treat all your fish in the tank, even if they had never shown signs of ich, and leave the DT fishless for atleast 8 weeks. This will break the life cycle of the parasite since it needs to host a fish to go through it.

That is the only way.

I would wait until they arent showing signs of it. Then QT and treat all your fish in the tank, even if they had never shown signs of ich, and leave the DT fishless for atleast 8 weeks. This will break the life cycle of the parasite since it needs to host a fish to go through it.
+1,this is what i did about a year and half ago....never had a single sign of ich since...my one trigger just got done recovering from a nasty little eye injury(not 100% sure how he got it),he didn't eat or interact for about a week....just hid in his cave....anyway,i guess what i'm saying is ,if ich was still in my tank ,i'm sure it would have attacked him in his weakend state....You can never really predict what will happen in your tank,but you can make sure it doesn't have ich ...your tang does look a lot better though,good job,and good luck:sfish:

Back