which RODI

Brian_G

overly obsessed
im trying to decide which RODI system i am going to order

im gonna order from thefilterguys.com

im leaning towards the $240 "ocean reef"

or should i go for the $265 one and go ahead and get everything i need for it totaling $500?

I don't know about thefilterguys.com. I've never used em. I can say that my RO/DI unit from Filterdirect on ebay is excellent. It also cost alot less than your quoting. Can you put in a link maybe I tried searching thefilterguys.com and just got some search engine spam stuff.

The Ocean Wave five stage 75 gpd unit is close to what I have. It makes more than enough for my 65 DT with it's 30gal sump. Their prices aren't to bad though. I don't think I would spend as much as your prepared to though. I would spend like 150 on the filter and the other 100 on some frags!

I know Biff got her RO device from PureWaterClub.com and is super happy with it. I was thinking of getting their 6 stage which is like $150

yeah some people from purewaterclub.com have been unhapppy lately like they reduced the quality of their items.

VA...how long does it take you to make water? and at what temp and pressure do you have? (if you know)

Lots of people have been happy with Pure Water Club (myself included), but it seems lately their customer service has become pretty responsive, so I can't in good conscience recommend them anymore. Their units are low priced and work well, so if you want to try them out, feel free. But it seems if people have had problems they've had a tough time getting resolution lately.

bulkreefsupply.com, thats the about the only place our saltwater club orders from, that got great deals on group orders.

or
air,water, and ice.com

Last edited:
Are RODI units difficult to install and operate? Or is this something that joe schmo could do with a little time and a pipe wrench

well i got my RODI today :)
im so excited, no more trips to the store for water !!!!!
6 stage system
dual 75 gpd ro membranes
dual di membranes
booster pump to keep up 100 psi

I should be able to get 190 gpd out of this haha

thats enough to fill my tank more than 2 times!!!IN ONE DAY!!!

okay so call me tim the tool man taylor, but thats okay.
but if i ever upgrade, I will never have to upgrade this mother haha

My dog just wanted to make sure everything is okay haha

IMAG0035.jpg

Back