White Algea

Kully3xf

Reefer Madness
Hey guys i was just cleaning my glass and i have a problem with red sand in one area of my tank, nbd for me. but today i noticed the center of the red was this super super white, so i thought hmm mabye that is sand? so i touched it an sure enough it kinda opened up and green spores came out, so i quick got the syphon and sucked em all up along with the rest of the stuff. it was maybe an inch long by .5 inch wide. looked kinda like slime a little? anyone know what this stuff was? i just had a fish die this morning, maybe this also has to do with it?

also upon stiring up the sand there was like a network of tubes in there? i see these tubes sticking out from the sand alot too, they are just kinda there and never get more than a centimeter above the sand.

2i8ku3k.jpg

I didn't have time to take a picture of the slime, if it comes back ill snap a pic

I'm not totally familiar with this, but could you have stirred up a nitrite or is it nitrate bubble. Maybe try testing these?

Just trying to throw stuff out there for you?

yeah all my levels are 0. no nitrate or nitirite. I don't have any ceato or anything in the tank. for a while i thought they were the snouts of my nassarius snails but then when i realized there is a huge interconnected system of them under the sand i had no idea what they were. there are probably like 20 or so tubes extending above the sand that i can see and, judging from what i saw when i moved around the small section of sand around 10,000 different tunnels in the tank that are all leading to these 20 tubes. confusing to say the least.

but the white slime is gone and hasn't resurfaced.

Marine Alien invasion maybe? I'd sleep with one eye open just in case.
For the red slime though, test your Phosphates, and increase your flow a bit.

yeah all my levels are 0. no nitrate or nitirite. I don't have any ceato or anything in the tank. for a while i thought they were the snouts of my nassarius snails but then when i realized there is a huge interconnected system of them under the sand i had no idea what they were. there are probably like 20 or so tubes extending above the sand that i can see and, judging from what i saw when i moved around the small section of sand around 10,000 different tunnels in the tank that are all leading to these 20 tubes. confusing to say the least.

but the white slime is gone and hasn't resurfaced.

okay, doesn't sound like algae

Back