white dots an LR and algae on glass

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

i have these small white stuff on my LR all over them i notice it more on my darker rocks

and also i have bits of algae on my glass should i just leave it alone

or clean off and what about my LR

Its too hard to tell what those white spots are from the pics. Are you sure its not just sand? If you can, try to get a more close-up pic...

What kind of algae is it? Either way, if you want to clean it go ahead. No one likes algae anyways (unless its macro, which wont grow on glass like that).

Its too hard to tell what those white spots are from the pics. Are you sure its not just sand? If you can, try to get a more close-up pic...

What kind of algae is it? Either way, if you want to clean it go ahead. No one likes algae anyways (unless its macro, which wont grow on glass like that).

the stuff on the LR looks like withe coiled poop very very small my phone cant get better resolution sry

i might take that suggestion to leave alone

If it's white and coiled, those are spirorbid worms, which are really common and reef safe filter feeders. I have them on everything, just leave them be and scrape them off the glass.

You will start getting algae as your tank continues to cycle. Nothing much you can do about it until your tank is done cycling except cut back on the length of time you keep your lights on.

Spirobid worms-reef safe.
Clean the glass regularly or the hard algae will eventually grow...then you're have to use a scraper/razor to remove it.Let the back glass and rocks alone.A clean-up crew when the cycle is over will help with the algae.

just looked at my glass their is some white stuff on it but it seems to move if i tap the glass it "jumps but stays on the glass looks like when you look under a microscope and see like germs moving very very small the only way i saw it cause i was inspectini my glass lol an trying to find nemo lol

looks somewhat like this but with out the "skirt and tail"
Melevsreef.com - Copepod

not much different no spike and its been 20 days so far started the 3 of the month i just added 20 more pound of cured rock :sfish:

So how many pounds does that make? I can't remember did you use live sand? How's the clown doinng? Are you getting junk in your protein skimmer?

So how many pounds does that make? I can't remember did you use live sand? How's the clown doinng? Are you getting junk in your protein skimmer?

in responce to ryan NO i didnt do the shrimp thing i added a damcel which is now out the tank and now i have just the clown

and piggy
its about 55lbs ima try and get about 90lbs total
no i didnt use LS i was but i decided against it
clown is good he goes crazy now cause hes has it all to him/her/its self i mean a 1.5" fish in a 48" tank yeah hes the king for now lol
and yes the protein skimmer is gunky clean it every day at one time it was getting just water so i dropped it a lil and its back with gunk its getting their :D

Sounds like your tank is coming around pretty good. Seeing your using cured rock you might not get a huge cycle. Glad to hear the clown is doing good. Keep us updated.

yeah im gonna have to put it on halt atleast for a quick second

i was made to give a mandatory donation to the state of Texas ,apparently tihs car was following me an wouldnt leave me alone so i decided to try and lose it well being 9 at night he decide to put his lights on when i say lights i mean ALL his light the nice ones yall know the one the bright ass red white and blue :grumble:so now ima go to the courthouse and see how much damage i have to pay lol for not putting my blinker on and apperantly going 85 on a 65 he was going just as fast i think ill split the bill lol

Back