White "mini logs" on my live rock????!!!!

The rookie

Reefing newb
Ok, i have white tiny rectangles all over my upper live rocks. They are appr. 3/16 of an inch and look like tiny fish pellets i guess? Does any one have a guess as to what these could be? Im at work so no pics and my params havent been checked yet. Also, i have off white looking dots on all my live rock they are dome shaped and get less white with each passing week. I realize without a pic or my params im leaving a pretty big guess factor, any help guesses would be appreciated! Thanks

have you noticed any long white tenticals coming out of the pellets? If so you could have spionid worms. I've got a bunch of these guys on one of my live rock I just baught. My reading says they're a good thing to have.

Hitchhiker id guide

Pics would be really helpful! Has your tank cycled yet and do you have any snails in the tank? If so, then my guess is that the second thing you mention (the white dome-shaped dots) could be snail eggs, but knowing their size could also help identify them.

Mmmmmmmmhhh yyyeeeaaaahhh, uh no pics yet still not at home. Maybe later tonight. Im going to test my params tommorow afternoon.
My tank is 3 months in. No i havent seen any type of tentacles coming out of any of them. Again thanks

Back