Who done it?

sferris1

Reefing newb
Is it even possible for my arrow crab to have killed my lawnmower blenny? I was just watching the strange little creature from the black lagoon (old movie) last night and everything was fine. He was doing his normal thing looked healthy (actually a little over weight), but today after work my arrow crab is carrying him around like a bag of chips snacking as he walks.

I don't think that the arrow crab killed him but is eating his remians. Sometimes fish just die for no reason like my clownfish but its is possible there may be anotoer cause. Do you have any other crabs? How big was the blenny?

All crabs,even Arrow crabs,will catch and kill a fish (even a healthy fish) if they get the chance.

It is very possible that it was the arrow crab. I don't recommend arrow crabs for community tanks. Plus they are awful for the important critters living in your sandbed and rocks.

Should I get my spear and go on a hunt for the yellow tang and the arrow? two for one deal. It prob wont be a story as good as doc's cause he has some natural talent but maybe I can get him to write it.

I doubt your tank has the corals that Doc does. I would take some of the roscks out to catch the fish. Trade him in or give him away. I am also the same guy who rearranged his tank for a frag(Oregon tort).

Should I get my spear and go on a hunt for the yellow tang and the arrow? two for one deal. It prob wont be a story as good as doc's cause he has some natural talent but maybe I can get him to write it.

Not unless your going to video it.:mrgreen:

Just caught that arrow eating a snail guess he has to go now. I Gave the yellow tang away had to take most of the rock out to do so.

yeah my question was kinda stupid. I just always assume that when my snails are being attacked by my hermits or my nassarius snails that they kicked the bucket from being upside down too long or something else.

Back