Why no Tangs for smaller tanks????

To quote myself:

I have owned tiny mice -- I let them out several times for an hour during the day. I have owned up to 4 ferrets (and currently have just 1 now)...he is let out of his cage with free run of the house for several hours per day. The hubby had a parakeet...he let that bird fly around the house most of the day while we were home.

Just cuz the majority of furry/feathery/reptilian pet owners do NOT give their pets "out" time doesn't mean it's what's best for them.

Lilfish opted out of getting a ferret because she understood that she could not meet its requirements of ferret proofing her house. A very educated decision on her part.

I'm glad you acknowledge that in the long run, your 55 is not suitable for your tank. I just hope you can let him go when he does get too big.

When I watch my tangs in my 180, there are days where I feel like they dont have enough room even in a 6ft tank. My Sailfin can get from one end of the tank to the other in two or three swipes of this tail. I can't imagine he would be happy in a smaller tank - and he's not even that big yet

When I watch my tangs in my 180, there are days where I feel like they dont have enough room even in a 6ft tank. My Sailfin can get from one end of the tank to the other in two or three swipes of this tail. I can't imagine he would be happy in a smaller tank - and he's not even that big yet
+1 to this,my angel and tang ,not too mention my triggers need the swimming room .....I am going to upgrade to an 8 footer soon for this reason

Back