Wild Percula

Could be waste or parasite.
Feces will be brown,green depending on what it was eating.A white/tan string that doesn't fall off eventually could mean a worm or something.

well I think it was poop before but now nemos losing his color and not looking good I'm dosing the medicine and now the parasite is hanging out of his anus

Is is good that it's coming out of him or is that because he's going to die?

no he's not he's been breathing heavy since I put him in the tank and not swimming much and losing his color

but it did look like the worm was leaving idk

The problem your having is way more common than you may realize.I gave up on getting healthy livestock from the LFS.If you continue to buy from the LFS then examine the specimen closely-breathing,sunken stomachs as well as the obvious Ich and injuries.Always check to make sure it was eating prior to taking it home.Don't forget to QT first and not after something happens.It will give you a better chance to observe it and lesson the changes of introducing the bad stuff.

For me,I do all my purchases at Liveaquaria's Divers Den.You pay more but you get a 14 day guarantee.The LFS here give a 24hr guarantee.They also QT/treat all there fish for a minimum of two weeks before they are sold.Another benefit is they must be eating before they are sold.

yea I should have examined him more closely, he was real lively at first so I didn't take much notice of those things from now on I'll examine them more.

I would order stuff online but I don't want to pay $35 for shipping

Yeah,shipping sucks but fish dieing overnight sucks even more.Two naso tangs from the LFS died overnight mysteriously.I bought a Powder Brown Tang and desjardini several months ago and they were the healthiest looking fish.Never got Ich and was eating well since.It was worth the added cost for me.

yea true, but I doubt my Dad would want to pay that

well since it's looking so grim what would you recommend replacing him with

I have a peppermint shrimp,hermits,snails, brittle starfish, skunk cleaner that cleans nothing so far and a green chromis who nemo was best friends with and a sixline wrasse

Well,you could always get another nemo or different kind of clown.I've always had better survival rates with Gold-Stripe Maroon clowns.What about a Black Percula?

Dartfish are cool and colorful,blennies have great personality.

Get a small GSM.
Real hardy and pretty clownfish and not quite as aggressive as the white stripe version.I had a mated pair live for over 5 years.Only get one small juvenile or buy as a mated pair.Unlike other clowns,they don't easily pair up.

most clown do not like to be cleaned and won't let skunk cleaners near them. firefish are great additions, as are dottybacks or a royal gramma. up to you. even a flame angel would work in your tank. sorry about your sick fish

-Doc

Like Doc said most clowns don't like to be cleaned by a skunk cleaner.Although I had Clarks and Maroon allow skunk cleaners to clean them on rare occasions.Maroons will grow up to 6'' but will take a long time.Mine were over 5 years old and the female was 4'' and the male was 3''.They should get along with the rest.The sixline may get aggressive with them at first.Then again,it may get aggressive with any fish you put in there.

Back