Winnie's 120G Starphire Upgrade!

Wow, it looks like quite a production! Be sure the rocks are not sitting on top of the sand. The rocks should be on the bottom glass. If they are resting on the sand, you are asking for a rockslide and broken glass... Your clean up crew and fish will burrow, and your powerheads will move sand, and when the sand shifts the rocks will fall over. It has happened a few times to people on here, and you don't want to end up with the contents of your tank on your floor.

Thanks Biff! The rocks are dug way deep into the sandbed. The guys that set it up are from my local lfs. Actually one of them is the owner. They also do aquarium builds and maintenance. I don't think those rocks are going anywhere. They are the pros! Thats why I payed them the big bucks! :mrgreen:

Just a few more...
IMG_0108.jpg

Is your pup laying on a big bed, eating a little bed? :lol:

Is your pup laying on a big bed, eating a little bed? :lol:

Haha yes! It used to be the kitty cat bed. Now its her toy! She is always carrying something around....toys, cat beds, dish towels... I think its a doodle thing. Does Wally do that too?

Wow that looks really good, I didnt realize how tall that stand is until i saw that guy standing next to it. It looks like you have so much room in the stand, i wish i had half that much room. Cant wait to see stuff starting to go in it.

Thanks Bryan! Yeah, it's huge! Plus the guy was able to make it without a center brace where the doors close. Its nice not to have to work around that! I also love that I can look at the tank at eye level. I got really tired of having to bend down to see into my Biocube.

Thanks for all the support guys! I'll keep updates coming! Lights go in on Monday or Tuesday! :^:

Yay! Lights are here!! :bounce::^::bounce::^::bounce::^:

The photos turned out really blue... They are much whiter in person.

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

Left side....for some reason I forgot to take a pic of the right side
IMG_0122.jpg

Barnacles
IMG_0125.jpg

Can't wait to get a barnacle blenny!

Also need to get another powerhead to help get rid of that dust on the surface...

Back