wondering

ltljoker

The Great Tang Herder
Why is it that some fish perish. I lost my convict tang lastnight for some unknown reason. He was eating and doing fine. Late lastnight I noticed he was just sitting in a corner just hovering. It wasnt normal for him so I checked on him early this morning and found him dead>|<. I havent lost a fish since the tank cycled, and this is only the 2nd fish ive added in about 6 weeks. Im just curious:shock:

We also tend to forget that fish can have a lot more wrong with then just Ick.Then you have no way of knowing how the fish was caught,handled,or what not.
Thats the bad part of the hobby.
Hate to hear of it just the same.

Thanks everyone. I really loved the convict tang he is one of my favorite tangs:bowdown:. I'll probably get another one but i wont do it for awhile. I'll miss him.

Wow! Sorry #1 we were just talking about him last night. That's happened to me before, too. Here today and gone tomorrow, I guess. It sucks not having the answers though. :(
My condolences o #2 as well.

I`m also sorry for your loss. Tangs are just not the easiest of fish. They are not the most difficult either but it could run from parasites to worms to water conditions. Just hard to tell.

Could be #1 that he saw you looking at him last night and the sheer sight of you looking at him scared the shit outta him and he went into cardiac arrest. May I suggest you get a "pretty" mask to wear for when ever you view your fish so that they are not petrified when they see you. Just a thought and something to consider. :mrgreen:

They are so used to seeing sancho( for those that dont know that is like lover in spanish) that i looked like a total stranger to it. And it freaked out:mrgreen:

Back