Would you have done it?

Bifferwine

I am a girl
Today I was at my LFS piking up a few things. I was looking for a fish or two for my 10 gallon contest tank. The LFS had a pair of purple firefish in the same tank as a pair of Helfrichis. The Helfrichis were labeled as $150 apiece, the purples $30 apiece. I asked the girl to bag me up the two purples. She proceeded to bag the Helfrichis. I told her, "I want the other ones, the purple ones. You're giving me the Helfrichis." She said, "No I didn't. I know which one is which. I googled them this morning!" :shock:

For the record, I think plain old purples are prettier than Helfrichis anyways.

I said, "Oh really? Show me on google." So she took me over to the computer, googled the two fish, and guess who was correct. Hint: No way was it her. She said, "Oh man! I would have been in so much trouble if I had sold you those fish!"

I told her, "You're lucky I tried to buy those fish. Anyone else would have ripped you off for $300 and ran with it." I ended up not buying the firefish at all. I couldn't even be bothered at that point.

you made the right choice and saved somebody their job i think i would have said something i could not live with myself if i was dishonest like that

not only that but you helped a fellow hobiest who might not have know the difference either. They could have bought a $150 purple firefish

good honest thing to do, plus will send some good karma your way. I believe good things happen to good people, the more good you do the more good will happen to you.

Another great experience at our LFS. I've given up at this point, Biff. I think it was great that you were honest.

They have gone downhill so fast. I only went in there to buy the missing bulkhead for my new tank. That I have been waiting on for close to a month I think.

NDB says I shouldn't buy there anymore, period. I should just get everything online from now on. As much as I used to support that store (I *only* shopped there, and I would recommend it to everybody), I am now agreeing with him and will now only shop there if it's an emergency.

it is sad to see a store like that. we have 2 here and 1 of them i will not go into at all they dont care about the animals they have the store is a big mess and the people are really dumb.and they want way too much money for any coral they have they want 70-80 bucks for a mushroom rock that has 5 mushrooms on it when i can go down the street and get the same one for 20 or 30 that is covered in mushrooms

crazy i woulda been like yeap those right there sweety pie, 30bucks no problem. "evil laugh" i woulda gave her a tip :twocents:

its hard to tell if I would. like if you would ask Jesus Christ to say "would you do the same for me" I would say YES. but would I reallly?

Very honest of you Biff, and Ted's right that you saved another hobbyist from paying for an expensive firefish.

I would've done the same. I once went back into a grocery store WITH my youngest son just to pay for a pair of gloves that I missed way back in the cart. I could've easily just drove off and not thought twice, but I went back in.

great job biff. your mojo is strong.:mrgreen: its hard to say what anyone will do until put in that situation. i know i woulda told her the truth............. if my wife was with me:frustrat:

Back