WTB Chiller For 58

bige83

Reefing newb
:sfish:Hey guys i was looking for a chiller for my 58 gal. reef tanks because it stays around 82-83 when the light are of and i have xp3 and a back-pak2 the heater is turned down to 67 and the digital tremor still reads 82-83. so if you guys have any used chillers or know of any goo deal let me know thanks guy:sfish:

Instead of getting a chiller have you tried using a clip-on fan from Walmart (around $10)? Just have it blowing across the surface of the water. That can drop your tank's temp by up to 8 degrees.

That said, 82 to 83 degrees is okay for a reef tank, as long as the temps stay in that range and don't drop drastically at night. I keep my tank in the low 80s, and I have a clip-on fan blowing across the water in the sump, and I live in Arizona where it's HOT. I've never used a chiller.

Also, have you tried double checking the temps with a different thermometer? Thermometers can go bad and give false readings.

Instead of getting a chiller have you tried using a clip-on fan from Walmart (around $10)? Just have it blowing across the surface of the water. That can drop your tank's temp by up to 8 degrees.

That said, 82 to 83 degrees is okay for a reef tank, as long as the temps stay in that range and don't drop drastically at night. I keep my tank in the low 80s, and I have a clip-on fan blowing across the water in the sump, and I live in Arizona where it's HOT. I've never used a chiller.

Also, have you tried double checking the temps with a different thermometer? Thermometers can go bad and give false readings.

yeah i have tried 3 different temp gauges

Back