xenia troubles/ aptasia

reefpanda

Reefing newb
so i have a xenia
it doesnt look to good. i cant firgure out whats wrong its shrunk in size and looks kinda battered up.
could someone identify whats wrong with it possibly

also
my tank is OVER RUN with aptasia. there a pain in the ass
i bought 3 peppermint shrimp on wednesday and they seem to be picking off the small ones but will they get the bigs ones liek the 1 1/2 to 2 inch ones?
its very frustrating

But to hender the further growth of Aptasia, and to get your xenia looking better, you may want to do a water change. Water condition is the key to keeping any coral looking/growing well and bad nusiance algae OUT!

Whats your water parameters checking at?
Xenia is one of those corals thats either going to thrive and become a weed,or shrivle up and melt away.

Peppermints sometimes eat xenia. Are the polyps missing? or closed.

Also the aiptasia will of course sting your xenia. I have also used the aiptasia X works well, also a pasty Kalkwasser mix.

FYI
the lemon juice worked really well within a couple hours it was litterally dead
and i just sucked it out with a siphon.
the next day though the water was a bit cloudy but it cleared up in a couple hours.
as of now its perfectly fine

I have been using Aiptasia Control on mine. Works pretty good they just melt away. It does leave a white spot on the rock but that goes aways in about a week.

Its similar but a different company. I have killed about 12 of these dang things but never in the same spot. I had one big one when I first bought this stuff at the lfs It was about as big around as a quarter and maybe 2 1/2 inches long. I didnt know it was a bad thing so I had been feeding it. Anyway the stuff comes with a syringe no needle. You put the stuff on its mouth and it eats the stuff then it just melts. Its kinda cool looking. :D

reefpanda I've got a problem too. Did you inject them and was the lemon juice diluted? More details please.

what i did was just squeeze a fresh lemon
then i turned the pumps off
took a surgical need and surenge and litterally injected it into them
the coralline turned like a orange redish color but most if it turned back to that pink color the next day. also when the lemon juice hit that sand the sand started bubbling but it eventually stopped. and then for like half a day the water was cloudy but it went back to normal. im going to do a second treatment soon, but im leaving to europe for 24 days so it needs to wait

Fresh lemon, huh. Wonder if I could use concentrated "real lemon" juice with the same results?

Leaving for Europe. Must be nice! :lol:

what i did was just squeeze a fresh lemon
then i turned the pumps off
took a surgical need and surenge and litterally injected it into them
the coralline turned like a orange redish color but most if it turned back to that pink color the next day. also when the lemon juice hit that sand the sand started bubbling but it eventually stopped. and then for like half a day the water was cloudy but it went back to normal. im going to do a second treatment soon, but im leaving to europe for 24 days so it needs to wait

Well you'll have plenty to come back to in a month. Probably more then you started with.

I'm jealous I would love to go to europe...

if lemon doesnt do them in, get some key limes. They are more acidic than lemons.

Never tried either because the pepermint shrimp worked for me

Brian

Back