yellow leather coral

djpj001

Reefing newb
Hello there I bought a yellow purplish coral three days ago, I have VHO pumping out 490 watts. It seems that the coral is de attaching itself. It also seems that the leather is deteriorating. Because when I moved it to a higher level of light it was releasing small yellow particles. Does this mean that it’s dying? should I just leave it alone ? and if I do leave it alone and it dies, well it effect the rest of my tank parameters?

Your bio indicates 1 month experience in the hobby. you are not ready for coral for at least 3 to 6 months and only when you have been able to keep things stablized for at least 3 months or more. hard to say what the problem is. check out the helpful articles i.e. acclimation (read on down in the article) page 2. i believe it will give you some insite as to possible difficulties and an idea what to do. While you are there check out the other articles such as photoaclimation, photoperiod, and other articles on page 2 that pertain to the corals. For future additons make sure you have reasearched the animals needs and can provide for them and that your system is ready and meets the water parameters the animal needs. good luck

Last edited:
When u put in a new coral always place it in the sand for a few days ,Then move him up to a place where it is happy.U have to acclimate corals to light .

Back