Yotes 125

Just a little update.
Got my new Phoenix 14K bulbs in.Gonne change out those ugly 10000Ks here in a few minutes.
And I've decided to look at the bright side of my dino outbreak.Looks like it has killed out all my kenya weeds:bounce:

Not that I can see Capt.But I hadnt really run my lights either.
We'll see what happens after I change my bulbs out here in a few minutes.Plan to start them back with just a 6 hour photoperiod and work back up to 12 hours total buy adding 15 minutes every 3rd day.

Once you are back on track add some tuxedo urchins to your system. careful on the acclimation and initial placement, they will help to clean up your live rock, and control some of the nutrients that cause your problem. I have 6 tuxedo urchins and two long spine urchins in my system. of course be careful with the long spine as fish and inverts do tend to get stung occasionally. keep after it and good luck. Pm me anytime you like.

HAdnt thought about urchins as part of the CUC.And we're all the time getting urchins in the live rock shipments.
Thanks for the tip John.

Thanks guys.I think(knocking on wood)that I might have the dinos beat down some.At least if they gonna show back up,there not coming as fast as they was.
I actually ment to post some pics with my new bulbs,but the timers cut em off before I got a chance.Maybe tomorrow night I'll get that done.

Just an update.
I think I'm getting the upper hand on the dinos.Not saying I've got em beat yet,but at least my sand and rock dont look like their covered with rust brown and black snot.
Think I'll show off my new Phenoix 14K bulbs too.
Here is a shot with the 10000Ks:
FTSwithhalides.jpg

And here are the 14Ks:
14Kbulbs.jpg

Both shots are with the actinics on.No editing what so ever with either pic.

Looks great! I like the blue on the bulbs not too blue, but just blue enough. Awesome!

Do you only have two powerheads?

Back