Yotes 125

I'll e-mail it to him Ryan.Thanks for the link.
I have no idea what he's got planned for the front glass.
He started out going to build the tank to keep some bass and bluegill in,then saw a grouper at the LFS and decided he'd set it up as a FOWLR.
I'll find out this weekend.Were supposed to go coyote hunting,so I'll drill him about it.

Not since the Dinoflaggent outbreak.
I dont want to add anything untill I get those cleared up.Already lost all my snails and most of my SPS are bleached.
You'd think that almost a full week without lights would kill the sh!t.

Their already holding whats left Dustin,and I'm not sure they'll color back up.
Completely lost my big cats paw colony and my acros.My digis bleached bad,but you can still see a few polyps on em.
The dinos covered all the rock and corals faster than I keep it blowed off with the baster.
Shoot,Its to the point that I actually thought about taking the fish out too and dumpping in a couple gallons of chlorine bleach,but I'm holding off on that idea a little while longer.

Thanks Hoops.I'm reading and researching every night trying to come up with something that'll work.
I know water changes dont do anything but make them spread quicker.

I would have done the same as you are doing.
No light, water changes to reduce nutrient build up, and skim the heck out of it.
Have you already tried raising the PH?

Yep.Ran the PH up to 8.5-8.55 and held it there with kalkwassier.Nothing.
But I got 75 gallons on water mixing right now (using my old 75 to mix in).Tomorrow,every single rock gets scrubbed and the sand gets pulled out and washed.

Hey Yote, just a thought, take the fish and corals out and then try raising the temp very high or lowering it very low...the extreme heat or cold may kill them...sorry that you're going thru this, but we're here to go thru it with you...

Spent the better part of the day scrubbing my rock and washing my sand.
Mixed 75 gallons of water in my old 75.Scrubbed every rock,powerhead,and pump.Washed the sand untill I got completely clean water from it,cleaned all the dinos and stuff off the glass.
Counted all my bristle worms by feel,accidently grabbed my long spine urchin,and forgot to dry my hands before trying to plug my return pump back up.So yeah,its been an interesting day to say the least.
I did go a head and add 25 chestnut turbos this evening.We'll see what that does for the dinos.

Back