Yotes 125

Well,The Frogspawn didnt make it.I'm pretty sure I pinched the fleshy part of it when I was trying to place it in the tank.
Went to the store today just to pick up some mysis shrimp and bottle of calcium.I should have known better,because when I got there,ther owner asked me to stay and help.
So.In addition to the food and the calcium.I brought home a Torch coral:D
I'll take and post pics as soon as acclimation is complete and its in the tank.

Heres the new torch coral
Torch2.jpg

Nice piece, thanks for the update and pics. the torch can send out stinger tentacles up to 6" long on that sized piece, so when you finally place it keep it at least 12 inches from other corals. mine is always stinging the frogspawn but it keeps the frogspawn from out growing the side it is in. candy cane can also sent out stingers and do. I lost a small frogspawn that was 6 inches from the candy cane, but as the candy can grew it got within 4 inches of the frogspawn and did it in, however, a small new start on the inside of the mother coral survived and is now starting to grow. anyways keep some distance between yours and the rest as it will grow. congrats on your choice.

Last edited:
That is a nice torch Yote. Hope it fares better than your frogspawn. My hammer just stung my candy cane frag to death in the picotope, I sure learned my lesson about sweepers this week!

Thanks John and Jag.
I've seen what sweepers can do to other corals at the store.So I'll be sure to keep it far away from the others.

Found my little naso dead yesterday morning.No idea why.He was eating great (full sheet of sea veggies a day)extremely active,no signs of stress.He always came to the front glass whenever I was messing around the tank.But looked in my tank while I was getting ready for work yesterday morning and was againt the overflow dead.

Also thinking about breaking the tank down because of personal reasons.If they cant be worked out,then I cant take the tank where I'll be going.SO.Just might have to get out of the hobby.

Found my little naso dead yesterday morning.No idea why.He was eating great (full sheet of sea veggies a day)extremely active,no signs of stress.He always came to the front glass whenever I was messing around the tank.But looked in my tank while I was getting ready for work yesterday morning and was againt the overflow dead.

Also thinking about breaking the tank down because of personal reasons.If they cant be worked out,then I cant take the tank where I'll be going.SO.Just might have to get out of the hobby.
Sorry to hear about your tang yote. Hope everything in your personal life works out so you can stay in the hobby. I have learned much from your posts.:Cheers:

Sorry bout that my friend, keep your head up and I will keep you in my prayers...We all must go through trials and tribulations because without struggle, there is no success. We all need you around here, you bring so much to the forum.

Good luck!!!

Wow Yote, I hope everything works its way out! Disregard the text I sent you earlier, didnt know anything was up in the personal life. Give me a shout if you need to vent.

Thanks y'all.
Everything will eventually settle back down.About the time turkey season ends and I start staying at the house a little more.
Thanks for the thoughts.

Back