Yotes 125

Matter of fact,If works goes alright,I might actually try to organize something like that this summer.It'd be a blast,if I can work it out.

Well y'all.The build starts tonight.:D HOD DANG.
Got my little skimmer/return section of my sump today.Got my plumbing pre-fabed and ready.Got 100 gallons of water mixing.
Just forgot to charge the damn camera battery:grumble:So I stopped working untill it charges back up:Cheers:
Tomorrow will be a long day.Since I have to completely break the 75 down and move it out of the way.So I got coolers and tubs sitting all over the house right now.
Then I'll have to move the 125 into place and finish hooking up the plumbing.Fill it half full with the new water,transfer rock,finish filling and start the pumps,then transfer the fish and corals.
Now give ya'll oppinion.Do you'll think that 2X 400 watt halides would be too much?They are the halides that are used to light warehouses.But I got a smoking deal on em (free).And I can get new bulbs for em at store cost.
Or maybe trade them for 3X 250 watters?Or stay with T-5s?

Thats what I was thinking too Dustin.But at that price,I couldnt turn em down.
I was flat out told,that if I didnt want them,to throw em in the dumpster.So I brought them home.

Oh I'm so jealous and super excited for you! That's going to be awesome! I wanna do a build. I would give you advice on the lights but I'm still learning. It feels like ill never know anything. But ill keep reading ur guys builds and learn through you. How long do you think the transfer will be?

When I went from the 55 to the 75,it took me somewhere around 4 hours.But the tanks were sitting side by side,so I didnt have to put anything in buckets.Just moved from old tank to new.
This time will be a lot different.So I'm figuring at least 10 hours.Maybe more.
Plus I'll be taking pics of the entire process this time,so that'll slow it down too.

Geeze that's crazy! It will be a good day though for you. Alexander and I will be moving two tanks in the next week or so....but that won't be fun. I love doing things like that! Best of luck!

If you just put 2 400 on then they will cast shadows from the divider. They won't be to much for anything but your electric bill. I would put them on and put a 150 or 250 on somewhere and put the LPS under that. Or maybe 1 400 in the middle and 250's on the ends. You are going to have to acclimate to the halides anywho.
Great to here you will be busy this weekend.

Just moving from one tank to another is stressful enough.I'd be one ill basterd trying to move my tank to another house.
But I'm excited y'all are getting a place to call y'all own.

Yote I would go with a halide per two foot Yote That is what all of the good reflectors are based off. I would definately stick with halide but Im not sure if I would use those ballasts(if they are the magnetic based one that I am thinking of)

I have those 250 magnetics and the light they put out is much much much weaker. Huge difference. I would sell those an use the funds to finance e ballasts. Someone has them on sale for 99 a piece for 250 watters. Ill PM you with the info after I ask the guy that told me.

Thats kinda what I was thinking Ryan.
I think I'd rather run 3X250s. Might even be able to trade the 400s for an Outer Orbit fixture at the store.It burns the HQI bulbs+8X39watt T5s.
But at least I can run my Novas untill I make a decision.

Yote I just did some checking around. They were Lumateks for 99 but the sale is over. They are still only 129.00 for them at marine depot. They are HQI ballasts I think.

Have you thought of what reflectors you are going to use? Being that you are a tin knocker you should get the downloadable pattern for the Lumenarcs and piece them together! You have access to all of the tools and materials that would make it easy to do. Ill see if I can find the link for it.

Those are modeled after the reflectors that I own. They are 150 each to buy you can probably build them for 20-30 each.

Thanks Ryan.Think I'll price the metal Monday.I think I could get 3 reflectors out of a sheet and half.And that would be easy to layout and build.

Heres an update while I take a break and settle my nerves.
Heres whats left of the 75:
P1000273.jpg

Been going at it since 4 this morning.Got roughly 75 gallons of water from the 75 transfered to the new tank.

Heres my little el cheapo (10 bucks) sump with skimmer.
P1000261.jpg

This gives an idea of the plumbing:
P1000268-1.jpg

Back