Yotes 125

How is the new skimmer going? Did you have jon order it or did you get it off line?

Its doin good John.Except I did flood the floor with it TWICE:shock:
The first time,the cup drain got knocked out of my collection jug.So it dumpped about a gallon of skimmate out in the carpet.
The 2nd time I had the valve closed to much and it over flowed about 8 gallons of water on the carpet.
But now its running nice and smooth.Getting a good dry foam out of it.But its still kinda light.But getting darker every day.
And I bought it from Aqua Cave.It cost a whole lot less there than I could get it from Jon for.

I went and added another section to my sump today.:D
So now it hold about 3 times as much water.:bounce:
P1010663.jpg

P1010664.jpg

I used 2" PVC to get water from the converted wet/dry over to the NEW return section.
Now I got to get some small pieces of live rock to drop in there for some extra bio-filtration. Might even add some feather caulrpa to grow as tang food.

Got up this morning and went to check the tank.Guess what I stepped in.:pissed:
It wasnt dog :pooh: and wasnt dry carpet :pissed:
I got another leak somewhere in the sump system and cant figure out where its coming from.But I lost about 8 gallon of water over night.

Sorry to hear about the leak Yote. But you have to admit -- better that it's from the sump than the display tank!! :shock:

And yes, I too would prefer to step in dog shit rather than a leak from my tank :(

The leak was coming from my home made 2" bulk head.I tryed to use silicone as a gasket,and lets just say that it didnt work.So I made a trip to the local auto parts store and picked up a couple of rubber O-rings.Got those installed plus siliconed around the PVC on both sides.Now just have to give it an hour or so for the silicone to cure some before I test it.

At least you found it yote. Nothing worse than a mystery leak.

Your complete right on that David.
Only now,because of this leak,the wifes decided she want to take the carpet out of the bed room.To do that,the tank has to be moved.See where thats goin?:frustrat:

Back