Yotes 125

I must be doing something wrong with my zoas. I have a green one that hitched on another coral that almost imediatly spread to about 5 or so. Just stalled after that. Still open and look awesome but not getting any growth.

On the other side of t he tank I have some GSP that my wife picked out about a month ago and have already started spreading on the rockwork next to it.

Sorry about the clam and Tang Yote but, your zoas are coming along nicely. Do you feed them anything, or is all of that growth just from the lighting?

Sorry about the clam and Tang Yote but, your zoas are coming along nicely. Do you feed them anything, or is all of that growth just from the lighting?

Naw BL.I dont really feed anything per say.
I add a little bit of zooplankton about once a week after the lights are off for the night.Thats about it.

Naw BL.I dont really feed anything per say.
I add a little bit of zooplankton about once a week after the lights are off for the night.Thats about it.

Don't lie Yote!! We all know you feed your tank reefROIDS at lights out. Don't be ashamed, you can tell us. BTW, where can I get some ;)

Yote, awesome growth!

BL - a good tip that's helped me grow mine faster is to frag them early and frag them often. That way, I have more surface area for them to grow outward, and also, I can place the different frags at different levels to the tank to see what light level that specific species prefers.

Most zoa's don't really show much of a feeding response (unlike a lot of larger palys) - although I've found a few who respond well to oyster eggs.

That's a regular Zoa farm you got there, Yote! Killer frogspawn you got, too!
My Kole tang did the same thing as yours, weird.
BTW there's no such thing as a "final attempt" on montis; In fact, if you'd pay for shipping I'd send you 5 or 6 different frags to try out. Just lemme know.

beautifull adss yote...frogspawn is one of my favorite corals...looking to yor zoas makes me want to take a dive...what the heck...im going to the beach rigth now..see if i can find a cool frag..my wife says ..your congrats on your zoas farm...and very nice colors!!!

Finally picked up a new frag today.:bounce:
5-16-10PurpleMonti.jpg

I figured that since my green Monti is do still doing good.:D
3 or 4 weeks ago.When ever it was I got it.
P1010833_0027_edited-1.jpg

And today.
5-16-10GreenAppleMonti.jpg

I almost bagged that redfin foxface up at closin time.But decided not to push my luck since yours tryed so hard to sting me.:D

nice frags Yote. I was gonna try my hand at caps again, seeing how the LFS was selling $5 frag with an additional 15% off, but I passed on the offer. I hate killing things.

Good luck with your caps!

Back