your opinion counts

The Vote that matters

• Eshopps Wet-Dry Filters 75cs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZyberGoby

Because I'm clever
I need your opinion I should have my return on feb 4th and the 55G needs its filter system.

I want some feed back from you all Pros/Cons and such any how here are the options of what i am thinking of getting for the 55G for its filtration.

1) marineland acrylic sump filtration systems model 2 found for 205.99

2) ProFlex Sumps model 2 found for 230.00

3) Eshopps Wet-Dry Filters 75cs found for 145.99

I really dont want to go over $230 be cause most of my return will be going on my lights and the other bits I will need to get. I have never done a sump and want to know if any of you used any of these of have them and how do you like them and how easy the maintenance really is. again thanks every one for your input :Cheers:

why not just buy a 20g long and use that as your sump ? much cheaper and you can baffel it off however you want.

I have never use any of the above, but I use a 20 long as a sump/fuge.

You know when I was looking at them I really liked the ProFlex. The model 2 or 3 were the ones I was looking at for my 75 gallon tank (which is still sitting in my basement empty).

why not just buy a 20g long and use that as your sump ? much cheaper and you can baffel it off however you want.

I have never use any of the above, but I use a 20 long as a sump/fuge.
I would not know where to start on doing that lol vary new to the hole home sump idea. so what just fill it and through pumps in it with media????

You know when I was looking at them I really liked the ProFlex. The model 2 or 3 were the ones I was looking at for my 75 gallon tank (which is still sitting in my basement empty).
yeah I remember our convo last night on that 75 lol hmm I'm not sure what way I want to go but I know I want to get what I can when I can and it be something that is going to work and not be a pain in the ass all the time. yet thats why im here doing this i have all these awesome people such as your self to help me out

I would not know where to start on doing that lol vary new to the hole home sump idea. so what just fill it and through pumps in it with media????

Like this :

20gsump_new.jpg

tank size = 30x12x12

that isnt my setup, just an example i found really quick, mine is in the dark right now so couldnt get a pic.

almost the same design as mine though

that isnt my setup, just an example i found really quick, mine is in the dark right now so couldnt get a pic.

almost the same design as mine though

hmmmm if i did this i could prob dave what $100 er so.... because 20 longs I can get one for 30bucks plex i have some sheets left and the PVC I have that as well and this would mean I could put an extra 100 er so on a better protein skimmer hmmmm I may just do this lol

LOL Octopus skimmer...that's all I have to say. :lol:

lol yeah you know what I think that will be my best bet right there sadly I don't want to start a project I know I wont finish in the DIY end of things I have to many DIY's as it is lol and no time to really do them all. I still need to build my stand so its the way I want it. The stands out there I feel are way over priced for what they are. Hell I can build my stand for under 100 bucks. From the euro, space living aquarium and such I don't see where then can charge 100+ for a stand. But hay that's just me. This is also why I need to figure out what sum I will be getting be cause the stand will be built around that sump. That ProFlex hmmmmm I was just looking at it I'm starting to like it after I saw a vid for it. also the Octopus skimmers are nice from what I have read and vids I've seen

One of these days I may get my 75 gallon up, but I have a feeling that this year isn't going to be the year. *sigh* Maybe later on I may get it up and turn it into a FOWLR. I just haven't decided because I really don't have anywhere to put the darn thing. And there is no way I'm going to set it up unless I have an RO/DI system. I am not making 8 trips to Walmart just to fill the thing up with water.

One of these days I may get my 75 gallon up, but I have a feeling that this year isn't going to be the year. *sigh* Maybe later on I may get it up and turn it into a FOWLR. I just haven't decided because I really don't have anywhere to put the darn thing. And there is no way I'm going to set it up unless I have an RO/DI system. I am not making 8 trips to Walmart just to fill the thing up with water.

what you cant fit 75G of water in your ride? I know I could in my Caliber probily more than 75 & I would prob max out my weight for haling any thing but I could do it lol barely though hahaha.

Oh no that isn't it. We have a Ford 250 that could do it...I just don't have enough containers. :lol: I only have 2 5 gallon collapseable water containers. This weekend I'll be heading over to Lowes to get 4 5 gallon buckets. I'm going to use 2 for dirty water and 2 for fresh. That way when I do WC I can do up to 10 gallons if I need to. In a 28 20% is going to be 5.6 gallons.

So now you want someones "OPINION" well you cant have it DAMN IT....:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Oh all right if your going to beg lol Bro go with the ProFlex you can set that up for what ever your needs may be. Well I don't want to miss lead so I have to say to an extent. Just get a really good skimmer OMG makes a world of difference than the relics you have from the early/mid 90's. although when you HAD that (TR C80) I liked how it worked for small tanks. Damn shame it slipped and broke on you. Even though it would be far doing the job for the 55.

But on the other hand Tex has a compelling point of DIY. if you want the DIY just pay me and I will come up to your place the next time I'm in Albany to see my mom. Then i will get your scraps and buy the rest for you. And BINGO BANGO you have your filter :D..

Well call me if you need me to get ready for a project. Later brudda

That way when I do WC I can do up to 10 gallons if I need to. In a 28 20% is going to be 5.6 gallons.

ahhh ok I'd say so what ever works best for you :Cheers: my friend ;) I have 2 3g water jugs and 2 5g water jugs that have screw caps to prevent slashing and any miss hap's

But on the other hand Tex has a compelling point of DIY. if you want the DIY just pay me and I will come up to your place the next time I'm in Albany to see my mom. Then i will get your scraps and buy the rest for you. And BINGO BANGO you have your filter :D..

Well call me if you need me to get ready for a project. Later brudda

hahaha that's funny I always ask for your help all the time but you never help me. When you do help me its ahhh "F" it lets go get a drink and hit the ummm "adult" bars lmao. But I do have to give you credit when you build you really build bro. I just may take you up on that one JAK.:Cheers:

Back