10 Gal Reef set-up

So, I switched from my little 80gph powerhead to a Koralia 240. Also, picked up a Favia frag and a pretty large Zoa combo colony as well as a small colony of pink zoas. The large zoa combo is probably abot 8 inches long, and 3 inches wide. There's a bunch of different types on it. Takes up a pretty large chunk of my tank, but I'm cool with it. :)

I also think I'm going to put the fish back in the tank soon. Maybe this weekend.

Also got a Lawnmower blenny for the hair algae I have in the tank. He's a mean looking son of a gun, but I like him :).

If you are having green hair algae you should bump your Magnesium up to about 1450 and keep it there....the GHA will go away and it does nothing ill to the tank....most GHA is Bryopsis and most fish will not touch it....

So, I switched from my little 80gph powerhead to a Koralia 240. Also, picked up a Favia frag and a pretty large Zoa combo colony as well as a small colony of pink zoas. The large zoa combo is probably abot 8 inches long, and 3 inches wide. There's a bunch of different types on it. Takes up a pretty large chunk of my tank, but I'm cool with it. :)

Did you get them at fin city? I was their today ha

Yeah I was there at like 4-5. I was waiting on a sheet of the mysis shrimp. I ended up spending about 100$. Were you the one asking about the algae blenny with the girlfriend? Cause, I might have seen you.

I got a small zoa with about 20 polyps, a toadstool, candycane frag and another coral that I don't know what it is. Maybe a colt coral?

If you want, I'll give you a small zoa colony (Probably like 50-70 small polyps) for free. It's just generic gorilla nipples though. Nothing fancy. But, if you want it, it's yours.

This is the one

Attachments

• 2013-04-04_20-25-03_233.jpg
    2013-04-04_20-25-03_233.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 239
Yea man I'd take that thanks. Once my corals start growing and everything id beable to hook you up too. I got another buddy that him an his roommate have a 125 gal. So we could get them in on it too.

Sounds sweet. In a couple of months I'll have some frogspawn, torches, hammers, duncan (maybe. it only has 1 head right now so we'll see how it grows), GSP/WSP, and that massive new zoa colony to frag. My candycane also has 4 heads right now... but I think I'm gonna let that get pretty massive before I frag it. It looks sick under the actinics :)!

I also have the guys at Sparta looking for a neon green bubble coral frag for me to add too the collection as well. They love me right now lol. In the past week, including you, I've sent 5 or 6 people over there. One guy alone dropped 600$ in two days. He owns a some restaurant in Succasunna with a 250g tank in it. He grabbed two 3 inch hippos, 1 blonde naso that was like 7 inches, and a yellow tang that was like 6 in one shot. So, if you ever go there with me, I can usually get them to knock a few bucks off the price of shit. Some stuff they won't go down on though, high end shit they usually don't work with me on. The owner is a pretty good guy. The kid you were talking too I'd take with a grain of salt.... he's quick to try and sell shit just to get it out the door. I prefer to deal with the owner himself when I go, but, it doesn't always work out like that :p

Yea I actually sent my buddy their too ha. Yea I think that kids alright I made it clear that I was going to keep coming back. So I don't think he wants to screw with me to much. But I def no what you mean by it. How many heads did your candy cane start with and how long have u had it? I bought mine with 2 heads

Ha maybe that kid at the store does like to bullshit. I bought a Sally crab from him and asked him like 5 times if their aggressive and he kept saying no. Everytime one of my fish goes near him he goes right after them.

Back