10 Gal Reef set-up

I know lol, you should of went with a Emerald crab instead. Also, we'll set up a time during this week for me to bring you the zoa colony. I also have a small 4-5 polyp frag off the new massive colony I got that I'll throw in for ya. You'll need some gel super glue and a small piece of rubble rock to glue it on when you get back. But hey, free is free :P.

Also, decided on the 29g Biocube. Got it, filled with water, and waiting on the cycle to start :)!

And, that kid originally sold me a pink spot watchman and told me it was a sand sifter. Meanwhile, it's actually a shrimp goby with a ton of attitude lol. Like I said, deal with the owner, and tell him straight out, don't lie to me. Tell me the truth and I'll keep coming back. If you ever question anything they say, the people on these forums are great for help. Mitch, Marine, Lil fish, Smitty, Erin, and a whole bunch of others are wonderful help and will not steer you wrong :).

Last edited:
And, that kid originally sold me a pink spot watchman and told me it was a sand sifter. Meanwhile, it's actually a shrimp goby with a tone of attitude lol. Like I said, deal with the owner, and tell him straight out, don't lie to me. Tell me the truth and I'll keep coming back. If you ever question anything they say, the people on these forums are great for help. Mitch, Marine, Lil fish, Smitty, Erin, and a whole bunch of others are wonderful help and will not steer you wrong :).

Yea def man. I'm going to research everything before I buy now. What kind of skimmer are you running on your 55? I have a Red Sea prizm hob and I don't think it's doing to good of a job. I'm also running an aquaclear 110 filter.

55 isn't running one. It's FOWLR and I'm using two HOB filters set up as mini refug's until I get the lights for it. Once I'm ready to go reef I'll set up a sump with a skimmer. :p

Once the cycle on the 29g bio is done, this tank is getting taken down and set up in the new one :)! The 10g will end up as a frag tank since I already have the 4bulb t5s for it lol

If you want a free 10g tank I could hook you up with one. I have 2-3 of em laying my house haha. I could probably even dig up a filter for it if you wanted :p

Na it's cool man thanks. I have a few at my house too and a 20 and 30 gal lol. Ill prob put my hob prizm skimmer on it if I upgrade one for my 54 gal.

This guy I know owns a fish store and one of his clients wanted to get rid of his full setup for $700. 54 gal corner with oak stand, glass top, skimmer, filter, sand, 60lb live rock and a t5 dual fixture

So, I decided not to swap everything over to the 29g biocube. I set that one up as it's own set up. Instead, I put all the corals into the 55g tank, and swapped all the rocks/water/inverts over to a 26g Bow Front. All new Arg sand. Like 20-30Lbs of LR. Water is cloudy as hell as of now and I got my 2 clowns that are going into the tank in a bucket with a air stone and a heater for now. Keep you updated as I go :).

Back