120 gal upgrade

pgr11

Reefing newb
Well I took everyones advice and upgraded. I know I just started the 55 gal but the wife wanted bigger, can you belive that. So I picked up this Sea clear and stand for 200.
I will now be transfer everything from thre 55 to the new tank. Wish me luck

Attachments

• 125 Sea Clear.jpg
    125 Sea Clear.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 2,283
Good luck my man, remember (people who have seen my amateur stories will tell true) Patience is key, test, and ask questions of these forums.

Congrats, I'm jealous

Congratulations on the upgrade...and you want at least 10x roger tank volume for flow, so I think you're ok for now. You can always add more flow later if needed. Don't forget that your return flow is to be added also.

Painted the stand today. It looks alot better. I think the black along with the blue looks real nice. I would like to try and find a epoxy paint and put one last coat on. Looked at hd and lowes put they only had epoxy paint for appliances. If i can't find it tomorrow its ok. I may try to transfer my sand rock and water tomorrow and then start filling. My rodi is cranking. I have 65 psi and the unit is crant out 4 gallons+ an hour. Im stoked:bounce:

Attachments

• painted stand.jpg
    painted stand.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 323
  • painted stand and tank.jpg
    painted stand and tank.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 340
Started the transfer i got most of the sand From the old tank then some new sand and then some live sand from another tank. We swaped the rock over as well and started transfering the water along with running the rodi to help fill. Im mixing some salt also. Everything is so ugly put its got to be ugly to get pretty. I have the heater going But I was wondering about the power heads. Should I start running them now or not? How hardy are feather dusters and spaghetti worms i didn,t want to loose them in the transfer. they were hitchikers on my rock when I got them. Have I mentioned that even though it ugly now I LOVE THIS TANK!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• tank transfer 1.jpg
    tank transfer 1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 360
  • tank transfer 2.jpg
    tank transfer 2.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 366
very exciting! Most of the featherdusters and such should survive, but it will help there cause if the tank is at the correct temp and they have some water movement

Well the tank has been up and running for a week now and last night I got my return pump. Today i went ahead and finished the plumbing since I had the return now. Well epic fail. Everything was good all plumbing finished I had put the sump/ fuge in the stand before i filled the tank no way to do it later. placed all sand and rock in fuge and started filling. i began to hear a funny noise water running. I ran over to find the sump leaking everywhere. So now My dt is half empty water is in 2 containers in the kitchen and we were able to move the tank away from the wall snd remove the sump from the stand. The sump was used but they said no leaks. well lesson learned. ALWAYS CHECK YOURSELF:frustrat:. I traded some stuff for a different sump so im off to the HD to get some blukhead caps and check if this one leaks. Hopefuly all is good and my tank and sump/fuge will be back up and running late tonight

Well the tank has been up and running for a week now and last night I got my return pump. Today i went ahead and finished the plumbing since I had the return now. Well epic fail. Everything was good all plumbing finished I had put the sump/ fuge in the stand before i filled the tank no way to do it later. placed all sand and rock in fuge and started filling. i began to hear a funny noise water running. I ran over to find the sump leaking everywhere. So now My dt is half empty water is in 2 containers in the kitchen and we were able to move the tank away from the wall snd remove the sump from the stand. The sump was used but they said no leaks. well lesson learned. ALWAYS CHECK YOURSELF:frustrat:. I traded some stuff for a different sump so im off to the HD to get some blukhead caps and check if this one leaks. Hopefuly all is good and my tank and sump/fuge will be back up and running late tonight

Always TEST USED equipment:Cheers: Cant wait to see it up and going.

Always TEST USED equipment:Cheers: Cant wait to see it up and going.
I know I know!!!! Well I had a backup so I Tested it the backup and all was well. So im mixing up some water now to finish things up. I will get pics up soon. Long day but it will be all worth it in the end.

Back