20 gal frag tank??

I was told I should get a 4 bulb?! Is that not right?? I wanta do this right the first time. So any suggestions

Should I just get a two build fixture??? Or should I just get the 4 bulb fixture and raise it a Lil bit??

I can get a brand new 2 bulb from my lfs for 83. So if the two bulb will do it then I'll just get then new one! I figured one 12k bulb and then a purple/blue bulb

How does that sound

That's what I thought! I will just raise it a little but instead of sitting right on top of tank.

Any specific color combinations that would work the best??

So I ordered my overflow box, and my mag 2 return pump yesterday!!
I'm ordering my skimmer next week. My order should be here Tuesday so I hope to start cycling on Wednesday morning. I have got almost all of stand painted. Only thing left is the plywood for front. Haven't gotten that yet! I have pics to post of everything. Just been slammed at work.

So I have the stand built and letting wood filler dry before I finish painting the front and sides. I am making the door big enough I can pull whole sump out for cleanings or whatever the issue may be. I promise to be posting pics tonight. Every second I have had lately I have been building the stand and painting before I put wood together.

So here are some pics of the stand build. Sorry took so long.
First Pic. All wood cuut ready to be painted
2nd. all frame pieces painted. :Gotta love the Dora sheet:
3rd. Front with plywood attached
4th. Top side view
5th. Back side

Attachments

• DSC00657.jpg
    DSC00657.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC00658.jpg
    DSC00658.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 272
  • DSC00660.jpg
    DSC00660.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 243
  • DSC00661.jpg
    DSC00661.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC00662.jpg
    DSC00662.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Here are a few more
1st. Front all painted.. minus the door
2nd. Front door big enough to pull sump out
3rd. Top all painted
4th. Back view

Attachments

• DSC00663.jpg
    DSC00663.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC00664.jpg
    DSC00664.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC00665.jpg
    DSC00665.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC00666.jpg
    DSC00666.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
So i put final coat of paint on the stand this morning. That way it will be dry in time. My goodies should be here this afternoon around 3-4. So i can't wait. Stand is all ready. Got molding attached to door and ready to be painted. So things are coming along nicely....:^:

vary awesome bro i need a stand for my 55 want'ta have at it hahaha seems your on a roll :D truly awesome I'm slacking here on my end recovering this 36 cant wait to finish my real build just need a stand space to put it and the over flow hahaha.

I have to say your systems have come a vary long way I'm happy to see things looking so well on your projects :D cant wait to see this frag tank all set up :D

Back