200gal built in wall

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture778-bedroom-wall-before-we-cut-hole-we-were-taking-measurements-hole.jpg

This is what the wall looked like before we cut into the bedroom side

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture780-process-finish-cutting-wall.jpg

We are almost done with the hole.

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture781-hole-finally-done-now-its-time-brace-and-set-stand.jpg

Finally the hole is finished. Now it's time to start framing things

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture782-got-whole-cut-now-setting-stand-and-doing-electrical.jpg

I have finished setting the stand. I had to do the wiring for the pumps, chiller, heaters, lights, and power heads.

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture783-finished-up-electrical-and-now-just-put-tank-stand.jpg

Finally I got the tank on the stand. We done it. Now it's hooking up the plumbing, and electrical plug ins, and finishing things up

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture784-getting-ready-get-tank-cleaned.jpg

This is what it looks like from the hallway. Sucks now I have to add on before I can really enjoy it.

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture785-just-finish-setting-trim-up-before-paint-wall-so-its-already-fitted.jpg

I just finish getting the trim fitted before we paint the hallway. We were deciding on colors at this time.

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture786-have-my-mermaid-cleaning-my-tank-tried-get-her-naked-but-she-wouldnt-so-fired-her.jpg

Who says a man can't have a mermaid. I had to fire her after cleaning it because she wouldn't get naked. Damn hired help.

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture787-just-got-trim-all-finished-bedroom.jpg

I just finished the trim up in the bedroom around the tank. This whole project took 1 week before I could stick water in it.

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture788-my-rock-and-tank-started-look-like-started-putting-water-my-castle-started-floating-so-had-redue-rock-and-scenery.jpg

Well I got the sand and some rock in. I put this castle in and had concrete in the bottom of it to hold it down but when I added water it floated to the top. I even glued it to the rock. It pulled rock and all up so it had to come out. You would think 65 pounds would stay at the bottom

I am sorry folks once the pictures get viewed they should be posted. I did post 8 or 9 more and they have to be scanned I wished they would hurry

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture790-my-little-led-flashlight-lights-moment-till-finish-hooking-up-my-halides.jpg

So I have added water and the tank is cycling.It ended up cycling for about 3 weeks and one morning about 5am my girlfriend says the floor is soaked. I jumped out of bed and one of my seals around the bottom was leaking. The driving through the snow must of pulled some of the seal. I spent almost 4 hours getting all my water out and drying it so I could reseal the whole tank. Talk about a pain and alot of buckets.

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture791-well-month-into-cycling-my-tank-developed-leak-so-had-empty-all-water-and-reseal-whole-tank.jpg

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture792-more-water-came-out.jpg

It says 24 hours to dry but I waited for 48hours before I put all the water back in.Than I let my tank cycle for 3 more weeks before I stuck anything in my tank. I was so mad I was about to sell the tank.

I would make a joke involving Dcan's setup and how it looks very similar to that empty wall...

But I would just like to say nice to meet you and cant wait to see this massive tank!

i like the trim on the hallway side! looks awesome! never thought of a stand side and a wall side... lol duh duh duhhh on my part. looks good though! cant wait for more!

Even more so ,that its an in - wall:Cheers:
Someday i'll have one..........................someday
Welcome to the site......maybe start this build in the tank showcase,it'll get a lot more attention up there:D...congrats on the purchase...and roughing it in the snow,just another winter day though to us north easterners :Cheers:
Just like some of us in the NE say "It's Just a little snow" :D i cant wait for more of that cold white stuff to fall and make the NE a winter wonder land :D....

and yeah I love in walls when I move out of the Apt. to the House im getting that's my First renno hahaha...

well good luck with that 200g in wall i cant wait to see it all built and stocked :D

My build has been finished since March but I am having issues with putting pictures on with the service. I was just wanting to show my build

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture793-my-rock-ended-up-looking-like-but-am-going-change.jpg

This is what it looks like starting to be stocked

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture794-my-womans-barbie-zoos.jpg

Barbie Zoos

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture796-here-few-my-plants.jpg

Here is some mushrooms

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture813-my-175wt-metal-halides-t-5-moon-lights.jpg

Here is my lighting. I have 3 175wt metal Halides with 2 T-5's for moon lights

This really sucks now I have to add on to enjoy the tank. The hallway isn't big enough to enjoy it.

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture814-some-my-plumbing-keep-simple.jpg

Simple Plumbing.I tried to keep it as simple as I could

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture815-my-mr1-media-reactor.jpg

My MR1 Media Reactor in my 40gal. Sump

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture816-my-40gal-sump.jpg

My old homemade protein skimmer. I now have a bigger one in my sump

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture817-green-zoos.jpg

My green Zoos

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture818-my-lawnmower-blenny.jpg

My Lawnmower Blenny

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture819-my-devils-hand.jpg

My Devils Hand