28 more pounds of life rock, critter included!

crab12.jpg

crab11.jpg

Looks just like my guy, who likes to hide!

Our of curiosity, how did you catch him? Trap? There's definitely no way I can reach in and get him, he's quite easily spooked and only comes out when very dark - and even then stays close to his hole. I've yet to see all of him...

mine always hides in a small 3" piece of rubble rock so i just took the rock out then pushed a little toothpick into the hole he was in (being very carefull not to hurt him) it eventually scared him outta the rock and he came outside the end of the rock and fell into a cup of tank water so i could snap a pic of him.

cant remember if it was on this forum or not but somewhere i read that if you put a little tray with a piece shrimp or some sort of bait in the tray and place the tray next to the hole in the rock, give it some time, the crab will come out to feed and will fall into the tray but cant get back out, maybe something to try.

You can also tie a small piece of shrimp to some string,and when the crab starts feeding on it just pull him up enough to get your net under him.You just have to move extremely slow so you dont spook him.

Thats kinda how you can catch crawfish too, tie a chicken leg to a fishing line and pole and cast it out, give it 30 minutes then slowly reel it in. lol, just thought i should add that:D

Newb,Im starting to think your as big a redneck as me,lol
Ive caught crawfish that way,and when I lived on the Texas coast,crabs.
You'd be surprised just how many ole country fishing tricks help when it comes to catching critters out of a reef tank.

Back