29 gal fresh to reef

We don't really let our kids (6 and 4) play in the same room as the tank. Any jumping or running near it makes me super nervous. We just got new lights, put the legs on them and decided we don't really care for the way it looks. So we're going to hang them, but not from the ceiling because the tank is in a room with vaulted ceilings. So we're going to get some heavy-duty plant hooks and hang them from the studs in the wall behind the tank. Maybe she'd be more okay with that?

She is worried that the kids will throw things around and hit the strings and it would look weird to have string hanging down from the ceiling. We were talking last night that we might move it to the Basement But that is not much better the kids play dow here to.:grumble:

The lights would be more likely to be knocked off if they are on legs and the kids throw something at them, than if they are hung by the ceiling and the kids throw something at them.

We don't really let our kids (6 and 4) play in the same room as the tank. Any jumping or running near it makes me super nervous. We just got new lights, put the legs on them and decided we don't really care for the way it looks. So we're going to hang them, but not from the ceiling because the tank is in a room with vaulted ceilings. So we're going to get some heavy-duty plant hooks and hang them from the studs in the wall behind the tank. Maybe she'd be more okay with that?
your preaching to the choir:frustrat: I think I am going to hang them and see if she gets use to them.

So I had a little problem ok it look like it could be getting out of hand with some Aiptasia. I pick up three little shrimp to see if they will eat it. Plus the wife wanted something red. Still trying to butter her up for the hanging of the lights.
77df511a.jpg

she was not to impressed when they showed up white. Just added them from the dark acc. tub.:cheerful:

You should take some out. Prune it back. You can throw it in the trash, bring it in to your LFS for credit, or give it away to other reefers. It needs space to grow.

Here is two pictures of mine ignore the loose cable coming back down i have been to lazy to cut it, an imo i dont think it looks bad, as soon as my tank is in sight im looking in it i never even look above the light to see the cables... half the reason i still have not cut the extra off

DSCN0682.jpg

DSCN0681.jpg

I am looking to order some corals from reefs2go on Monday. So I was wondering what you thought? First I was going to the CUC for free shipping an emeral crab to help with the hair algea, 5turbos and 10 blue leg hermitts. For corals I was looking at the blue mushroom, candy cane zoa and TriColor Orange Ricordea and Melon Zoanthids.
What do you think CUC in tank now is a 4 hermitts and the three pep shrimp

Back