29 gal fresh to reef

IT IS HERE JUST GOT EVERTHING ON THE DRIP.:bounce:
PICS IN A FEW HOURS:frustrat::Cheers:

My order was a purple sea whip, hairy shroom, open brain, cleaner shrimp, tri color ric, yellow tang and flame angel. The fish are going in a 90gal tank.

Got it from reef2go.com same as the other corals. The brain and flame angel don't look to good but everything else is in good shape. I am going to take some pics now and let you guys have a look. Can I copper treat the angel, looks like it might have a little ich already.----it is in the qt with the y tang

here it is. I have never been so stressed in my life trying to acc all this to two different tank and three different drips. But everything is in and all look good but the two thing that didn't look good out of the box. Here are the pics so it happened:mrgreen:
01e29e3c.jpg

purple sea whip if anybody could tell me where I should put this it is very tall and skinny.
3b5ecf7e.jpg

open brain let me know if you think I should pull this out or see what happens in the next week.
75cbfb64.jpg

cleaner shrimp he was in a bad spot for a pic
330903c8.jpg

hairy mushroom
edd089d1.jpg

The wife loved the first one so we got another this one is bigger and looks like there might be two on the rock. We'll see how it plays out
d88a2af8.jpg

here is the FT I need to move things around once they get settled in. This is 7months also since the tank got setup
9a4977e1.jpg

38916a48.jpg

here are the two fish they don't belong in this thread but came with the order. Let me know what you think of the angel...bad pic I will try and get a better one later.

Everything looks good! I don't know about the first one but, that second mushroom is a ricordea not a hairy mushroom. I love the angel, I had one a while back, they are such beautiful fish.

looks good
is that ricordea the tri color one they have? if so i cant wait to see how it looks after it as been in the tank a little while cause i want one of those too

Well, I guess i need to put an update in since a few things changed in the last month. I have been fighting a hair algea for about 5 weeks now. Thinking it was from the lobo coral that was dieing. So I removed that and one of the rocks, moved things around and add a powerhead. Also added another 14 small hermitt crabs. this all seems to be doing the trick. Bad news is my MD got stuck in the powerhead Thanksgiving day and did not make it.
56432043.jpg

Sorry about your fish. :( Your tank still looks good even with the algae. It looks like you are doing a good job keeping it in check.

Well I felt like I was loosing the battle with the hair algea so I got a phosreactor and am going to give that a try.
0c2527bb.jpg

2d9009cb.jpg

here is what it is looking like
7059dee5.jpg

9671d50f.jpg

here is the new reactor "tight squeeze"
if anybody has any tips on what I should run let me know. Right now I have phosban running. I was going to give it a few days and then Saturday do a major cleaning with water change to really try and clean it up. Hopefully the couple of days will help loosen some of it up.

Got the cleaning done and moved some rocks around. they never seem to fit back the same way they came out. But now the fire fish comes out a bit more it was hidding most of the day. here are some pics of the just after, still letting things settle down and going to clean the powerheads and glass tonight.
a7c9112c.jpg

634f9ad7.jpg

2b0de2cd.jpg

aba655af.jpg

went to get my oil changed yesterday and it happens to be acrossed the street from my fav LFS so I stopped in. Guess what? They were having a sale and had a fish and coral I wanted. Not to buy something the first time I see it I waited till today and went back to see if they were still there. To me a sign I should get them. They were there till I showed up and now they are in my tank:bounce:
14e9ef7b.jpg

My cleaner shrimp made sure this guy was good and clean before he got to far!
035fe20f.jpg

here is the new coral---a leather is what I was told please correct me if wrong!!!!:Cheers:

Back