3g sponsored by un-employment

texreefer

Battle Dwarf
I purchased this tank as a gift for my wife to place in her office at work. After 10 years of keeping a tank for myself, she has started showing signs of interest for the reefing hobby. This is great because FINALLY she has interest in something that I love.

WELL

This past friday she was let go from her job due to "financial reasons". She knew the tank was coming but didnt know when. When she came home she was very upset, crying, mumbling etc. and then we get a knock at the door.

TANK IS HERE :grumble:

BAD TIMING

So now we have decided to enter this tank in a contest being put on by our local club, but I still wanted to share it with all the cool peeps here at LR.

TANK

3g JBJ Picotope

LIGHTING

Full Spectrum PAR38 from LEDTRIC.com (on order)

Attachments

• picotope2.jpg
    picotope2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 349
Indeed sorry to hear that, best of luck with the contest. Take a bad moment in your life and make it better by creating a great tank. Someday, in better times youll look at the tank in all its glory it will be a great reminder of what you made it through.! Good luck to you and your wife!

Thanks for the well - wishes guys.

We will still be in good shape, we had actually discussed her just quitting and staying home with our daughter. This actually was good for her in my opinion, she was stressed to the max at work and it was really starting to get to her. So now she gets to throw out the stress and get a severance package to go with it. I think she was upset because she had been there for 6.5 years and they told her that she was "safe with nothing to worry about" then 2 days later they tell her that she is one of the 6 that are going. She felt like they betrayed her.

I need some unique ideas for this tank.

We have to go by budget restrictions for this contest

Livestock $150

Coral $150

Lets hear those ideas

Wow, sorry to hear that, Bryan. Prayers will be with you.

On another note, do a clown goby and lots of shrooms, zoas, palys and lps. I personally like frogspawn, bubble, hammer, etc. open brain...

Most important, have fun!

Cool tank and I love that bulb. Makes me wish I had gone with them instead of RapidLED. Can't wait to see what you put in there :D

do like 1 or 2 REALLY expensive fish and a cheap CUC. I have always though that was more impressive. As for coral, maybe a ton of different cheap polyps?

you could do the watchman goby and shrimp together in there own world. and lots of mushrooms/zoa's and stuff. i like the idea.

My even better than Erin's tineh tank EXTRAVAGANZA!

WTF is this?????

And I'm sorry about your wife. You know this already. And you and your tiny tank are going DOWNTOWN!

My even better than Erin's tineh tank EXTRAVAGANZA!

WTF is this?????

And I'm sorry about your wife. You know this already. And you and your tiny tank are going DOWNTOWN!

dang i seriously just replied and thought hmmm wonder how long til she catchs wind of her new competition haha

No one's build thread is better than Erin's - especially when she gets a hold of that Link hat for the videos

Hannh - get out the Ban Sticks!

Wrong answer north, no one build thread is better then MINE!

I will ban you all!!!

chopsticks_copy.jpg

And im sorry to hear about your wife, but not she has a cool project to occupy herself with!

Back