45g cube aka The Panty Pit

Definitely do a union with a ball valve so that you can isolate the return pump. It may not be as big of a deal with a submerged return pump, but it was the best money I ever spent when I added unions to my external return pump. It makes removing it to tear it down much, much more feasible

+1 North on the union and ball valve. Even with the submersible return the impeller will need to be cleaned every once in a while. Just had to do mine. Dont know why I didnt do that when everything was out a month ago.

Took a lot of pix in the process but until I get a new CPU tower this will have to be enough. It's all coming together finally.

fbb451ea.jpg

i wish there was some people like that here in florida most of them are assholes.
Thanks Smitty. He did do a good job and it didn't take him long at all! Best part about it was he brought the primer, glue, gave me a tube for air to quiet the gurgling and when I went to his house he have me some free frags :) its nice to know and live by some really nice ppl. I chalk it up to karma. I've sold and given the man lots of coral. Everything comes full circle for sure.

Back