93g cube of AWESOME!

Those are some nice power heads. Thanks for the suggestions. I soppose it is better if it's slow going.

This is the plan when we first set up the tank. I don't like the idea of transferring everything I have into the new tank. I am afraid my corals and fish will be too stressed and there will be another cycle? Soo, I have a 30 gallon tote that I will use as a makeshift sump until the tank is cycled with new sand and dry rock. Then after it is cycled I will trasnfer all my livestock into the new tank and begin making my 29g into a sump. Does this sound like a good plan? It may take a month or so to accomplish this but that's okay bc we need to save up for some stuff.

Those are some nice power heads. Thanks for the suggestions. I soppose it is better if it's slow going.

This is the plan when we first set up the tank. I don't like the idea of transferring everything I have into the new tank. I am afraid my corals and fish will be too stressed and there will be another cycle? Soo, I have a 30 gallon tote that I will use as a makeshift sump until the tank is cycled with new sand and dry rock. Then after it is cycled I will trasnfer all my livestock into the new tank and begin making my 29g into a sump. Does this sound like a good plan? It may take a month or so to accomplish this but that's okay bc we need to save up for some stuff.

Sounds like a sound plan to me! So excited for you Brittany! This will be one awesome tank :D

Thanks guys! I am so excited too!! This is going to be my first big tank! It's actually a little bit nerve racking! I want to make sure I do everything the right now so it goes as smooth as possible.

It really isn't that bad, the worst part is going to be the larger water changes. Just think of all the new beauty that you are going to get to look at! Cant wait for the pics to start rolling in!

My hubby and father in law are building the stand today!! When I left for work they were staining the wood. Hubby says he wants to have it together tonight so he can poly it tomorrow!! Wooo! Then we can put it in the house and look at an imaginary tank until the real one comes!! This is exciting!!!

Cant wait to see it! As for powerheads, I'd go with maybe 2 Koralia 1050's, one on either side. I think the 1400s will be a lot for a cube since it won't be as wide as a standard 90. And I agree it is better to split up the amount of flow into several powerheads as opposed to 1 very strong powerhead. In my 90 I have 2 1400s and 1 750, but plan to add another 750 or 1050 and maybe also a second 750 or less to get into the far corner where crap collects. Also, I'd wait to decide on a return pump until you know the rate of flow you are going to get through the drilled part of the tank (unless you already know that). So many headaches & floods come from a mismatch between the rate of flow from the tank to the sump and the rate of flow from the return pump. What are you doing for lights?

And the extra rock that you bought - is it pukani? If so, then I think you will be okay with that + the rock from your 29, since the pukani is soo porous and gives far more surface area than the regular rock.

Back