93g cube of AWESOME!

Can't wait to see it. Starting in the right directions. I'll agree with her on 2 koralia 1050 and maybe a 750 should. Fishy I've got 2 1400, 850, & 750 in my 90 and I don't even have a 1400 going. Just sitting in there.

I think Im going to go with your guys advice with the power heads. Get a couple bigger and then use my smaller ones for areas that need a little more flow. You if a coral needs more flow.

Good news!! The stand is built, stained and polyed!! We just have to get hinges for the door and it will be 100% finished! My hubby and his dad knocked it out in two days!! It's pretty heavy duty. They used some really strong wood and there is lots of room inside to work on the sump! We did cut a hole in the back for plumbing to come in and cords and such, but I took these pics before they did that. This is also before it was polyed but it looks the same now just a little more shiny.

5768bc04.jpg

cb73c267.jpg

f4dc60e3.jpg

Thanks guys! I don't think he is staining the inside bc nobody will really see it besides me. I will let him know to seal the inside also :) thanks. We plan on using the stairs to make a brace for the light to hang on, so I hope that works out.

slow and steady wins the race :D

Your stairs have an odd angle, i love it lol. Be careful putting your baby (the tank) near your hubby's baby! (the tv) ;)

What beautiful new fishies are going in?

Thanks kelz. Those stairs are built from the trees in my front yard :)

Small update!! I ordered the protein skimmer and 40lbs of dry pukani rock from bulk reef supply today and did one more coat of poly on the stand. Made sure the hubby did the inside too :) I was going to order the light today but there's no room on the credit card :( so that will have to wait a little while. Also I had $175 store credit for my lfs when I brought them a bunch of frags. The store credit is for live corals and fish which I don't need anything right now, I need equipment so I asked them if I could use it for merchandise and they gave me half of the 175. So, I got a koralia 1050 and a couple bags on black sand. Not much but everything little bit helps! I love saving money!! Now all I need to set it up is the plumbing, powerhead and heater. That will get me cycling at least. I can't wait until this tank is here!!

sounds good Britt cant wait to see the tank on that wicked sweet stand and with the sand and water and rock + after cycle corals and fish :D keep up the great work :D

ed301d65.jpg

7459c028.jpg

The Rubbermaid will be my temp sump until the 29 can be converted. Fits perfectly inside with lots of room to spare.

I took some more frags into my lfs today and got $165 store credit so I got more black sand. So I have a total of 40lbs of sand now. Do I need more? I also got a magnetic algae scraper and two fluval heaters. This store credit has saved us some serious money :) I still have more frags to bring in for them. I think I only need to get another powerhead and maybe more sand. The skimmer and dry rock should be here by the end of the week I'm hoping.
9f99e02b.jpg

Back