93g cube of AWESOME!

I've never seen anyone with an engineer goby in their tank. Maybe bc they get big? Thanks for all the compliments guys. This tank is going to be my pride and glory!

I do have one question I just thought of. The rock that you see I the tank is only about 40 lbs. it looks like a lot more bc it is so porous. Do I need more rock or is it the surface area that I want. I don't want to add more rock. I like the simplicity of it just how it is. I also have a good skimmer so I should be fine as far as filtration right?

Surface area is the concern not the weight. Pound per gallon is a good rule of thumb, but that would be more for fiji than for pukani. jm2c
The goby will get big. A guy I know had one for 5-6years and it looked more like a fat 18" eel than the cute little gobys you see at the store. LOL Live aquaria says they only get 12", but this fish was bigger than that.

Thanks guys. I wanted to go with something different this time as far as aquascaping goes. I wasn't too sure about the gobies. I wasn't sure if they just got longer and a bit thicker or like an eel like you said. I should do some more research on them. I'm going to go thru my hubby list of fish and research each one to make sure they are all a good fit bc once they are in the tank they are not coming back out.

My friend has a 75 gallon or so around there and has a 12 inch engineer goby in there. He does fine and is over 5 yrs old. In he past year he hasent grown at all. His tends to make burrows under the rocks and just chill there. They are amazing creatures. I wouldnt be hesitant because of their size. Maybe just get one instead of 2. Your tank is plenty big, IMO.

Thanks Matty B ;) I was thinking the same thing. I checked them out on YouTube and they are so pretty when they are adult size :)

I agree, plus i got to watch my friends grow up, its so cool watching their markings change as they get older. Ive always been in love with them. I can speak for all of them but his is very peaceful and never bothers any of his other many fish. God, im getting excited for you now! lol.

Agreed that they aren't a very good looking fish once they mature, but that is just an opinion. You could have one in that tank with no problems. They certainly burrow under the rockwork so be prepared for that. Other than that they are like having an eel without all the headache.
Tank is looking great! Are you loving that light? Can't wait to see how corals do under it.

I think They are beautiful when they are older. My rocks are expoxied and siliconed together so I'm certainly prepared for that. Are these guys known for jumping? B I don't really want a lid for the tank. I really am loving this light. My house is pretty small and all open. My room is a loft so the whole ceiling of the house shimmers like I'm in the ocean!! I love it.

Hey Brittany, I've just seen all the updates, the tank is looking great! If you're not planning on having a lid then I'd definitely skip the leopard wrasse, they are definitely jumpers and putting it in with a six-line would probably up the chances.

I actually got rid of the six line bc I didn't want him to bully the leopard. You still think I should get a lid? I could make a mesh one I guess.

Yea I would definitely still use one. I had a lid when I got my first leopard, and the fish still managed to find the smallest crack to fit through. Without a lid it's not a question of if but of when.

The cycle is finally happening!!!
5432d0f8.jpg

Back