Aiptasia X Help

FishyReef

Broke Reefer!
Okay, so I'm in the middle of using aiptasia x to get rid of the hitchhiking aiptasia and majanos that came in on the new zoas I bought last week. I bought the product by RedSea and its a thin liquid, not a paste. I followed the instructions and tried it on the aiptasia. The liquid globule quickly dissapaited into the water and my fish went right after it thinking it was food - ugh! :grumble:

Has anyone use the liquid version before? Or the red sea product before? I thought it was supposed to be a paste and am confused! lol

Is this what you bought?

Red Sea Aiptasia-X 2oz (60mL)

There is only one type of Aiptasia X. It doesn't come in a liquid and a paste form. It starts off as a liquid, but turns to a paste once it hits the water.

Did you turn your powerheads off? If there is flow in the tank, it can easily get moved around. Some will dissipate into the water, but as long as you are getting some on the anemones, it should take care of them. And it should solidify a bit once it hits them.

The packaging is different, but it looks like the same product (the outer box on mine is grey and black, but the bottle looks the same. I used it and it solidified a little bit but not much in the water. And all flow is off (powerheads, return pumps, etc). Maybe the bottle is bad? The actual product is a lavendar color and washes away with any movement. I'm hoping I got enough on it to kill the pests!

Well, its sticking now so I guess it must have turned to a paste. Looks like about half of the zoas onthe rock with the majanos melted in the process. I did my best not to get this stuff directly on them, but a few of the majanos were right in the middle of the zoa polyps and since this stuff didn't set up very fast it got on them anyway. At least it had a lot of polyps on it, so as long as some are saved they'll grow back with time.

Back