Air stone Yes or No?

hey i wish i lived were its cold want to traid? lol
look on craigslist you can find all kinds of things on there, just put in the search Protien skimmer and you will see what your state has for it.

yea there have tons here for sale on craigs..i was thinking maybe switching out filter system and get like external one i can put under the tank..hmm dont kno where to start there lol

well for me it is easy. a Wet/dry trickel filter with a mix of bioballs and live rock than gos to my skimmer than to my refugum and back to the tank.
If you go external use a power filter.

right now i have a 40 gallon tank with a 20 gallon long sump.
i built the sump myself.
it has about 3 or 4 gallons of bioballs and Live rock rubble
than it gos through my refugeum so my plants take it the nitrates that the bio area didnt get
than it gets skimmed than back in the tank.

oh i was looking for external i have good filter i jsut thought get exernal less space taking up around the tank ya know.. i was looking at the EHEIM ecco pro

i look at it like this a canister is a canister. lol. I mean with me i have had canister, power filters, internal, undergravel etc. in a SW tank i have found that powerfilters are the best because they breake the serfice of the water and let more O2 in the water. but sence i have a wet dry trickle filter i do not need it.
I have an idea i will show you a pic of a 10 wet dry i disigned for my dads 20 gallon tank.

OMG it wont let me.
ok look at it like this
a 10 gallon tank is 12" long.
4" make a mark and that is were the bio balls and LR will be.
add another 4"
that will be your refugeum
add 4" and that will be your return back to the tank.
the bio balls have to have a small gap on the bottom for water to flow ill try to post the pic later.

yea trying to look around on youtube and stuff to see how people make them and all..like to see if i can make somthing so it can fit right in the tank stand. so i will have to do some measuring

A canister is a canister, there won't be any difference and on that note, power filter are the same thing as a canister all they'll do it trap crap and create nitrates .... save your money and don't bother. By external is sounds like you're talking about a sump, if you check out our DIY Section you'll find plenty of plans for them Do It Yourself (DIY)

Back