Alex's 75 gal

thought I'd update with some newer pics....
My new camera doesn't stand a chance at taking pics as good as my gf's (previous photos), but I'm still trying to figure out how to use it...

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 222
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 224
  • t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 227
  • t4.jpg
    t4.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 214
  • t5.jpg
    t5.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 228
  • t10.jpg
    t10.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 212
  • t9.jpg
    t9.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 224
  • t8.jpg
    t8.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 231
  • t7.jpg
    t7.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 232
  • t6.jpg
    t6.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 215
thanks guys! What happened to your old foxface?

I really love mine; I'm a little afraid he'll outgrow my tank with his swimming habits, so i think I'll upgrade after my deployment. Finding someone to babysit him, on the other hand, will probably prove to be an issue.

I traded him because he became a little TOO tame.He'd come up and nibble the hairs on my arm when I was working in the tank.Thats wasnt bad,as long as I kept an eye on him so he didnt catch me off guard.But every once in a while,I wouldnt notice him coming and would end up with a venomous spine in my hand or arm.
I got tired of getting stung,so traded him.

yeah, mine goes right to my hand when I'm trying to move things around, I'm afraid I'll get stung by startling him by accident. What's it like getting stung by one?

Its about like getting stung by a wasp.Its enough to cause you to accidently frag corals you didnt intend on fragging..

Your tank is looking great!
I once had a large Purple Tank which would attack me with it's tail every time I would put my hand in the tank. He would cut me up pretty bad. It would sting like hell. Luckily he got sick and died before I got really pissed off and killed him.

ha...my Damsel attacks me when I put my hand in the tank, but he can't really do any damage.

On another note, I have this clown who ALWAYS stays at his section of the tank, by the right hand powerheads or by the brown GSP I have. Over he past few days or so, he's been venturing out of his territory and has been eying my frogspawn a lot....I'm hoping he's not thinking about trying to make that a home.

Last edited:
Nope.I'm sure you've noticed how rub themselves in whatever their using as a host.That rubbing get the coral or anemones slim on the fish and helps keep the corals nematocyst from stinging them.The one exception is carpet anemones which seem to be able to control when they sting.

Its about like getting stung by a wasp.Its enough to cause you to accidently frag corals you didnt intend on fragging..

hahaha thats a great way of putting it!!!

Alex, your tank is looking pretty sweet so far. I think as far as the camera goes most of the pictures the flash is what killed it. If you got some photo editing software for post production use you may be able to manipulate the colors a little closer to what your are actually seeing.

Thanks - yeah, I actually just read that last night (about the flash) - I'm going to try to take some more shots, maybe try using a tripod so I can extend the shutter time a bit too.

Back