Alex's 75 gal

Yote - I got some montis 3 months ago, but they haven't grown too much, probably because my lights are so weak right now.

Once I get my AI lights (sometime this month, hopefully), I'm going to try adding another type of SPS, maybe an acro.

I don't want to add a calc reactor on this or on my new tank when I upgrade, but who knows....

I've never had any luck keeping montis alive,much less getting them to grow.But they are supposed to be one of the easier SPS corals.

I've never had any luck keeping montis alive,much less getting them to grow.But they are supposed to be one of the easier SPS corals.

That's weird, I wonder why...

Do you have any idea what that brain looking coral is in my tank?

Also, I'm not sure what kind of leather (the one t the left of the sarco toadstool) - I think it might be some sort of color morph of a cathedral, but I'm not too familiar with them.

Hmmm...mine's been around for at least 8 months. Got a latin name for it? Having trouble finding some info on it; would love to try to get it really healthy.

It died back pretty bad when I first had it, but has recovered fairly well.

So, my new LEDs arrived!! I set them up this morning,and set them to 50% brightness (acclimation) and holllly crap, they look good. Everything shimmers, and the corals seem to be opening up larger already. I'm going to bring it from 50% to 100% over 25 days, so hopefully that gives the corals acceptable acclimation.

How fast do corals start bleaching with too much light? Any precursory symptoms? Want to monitor it closely to make sure I'm not cooking things. I took some pics, but they don't really capture how bright it is...I'll work on getting better pics soon.

IMG_0940.jpg

Rails
IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

Everybody checking out their new sun:
IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

Very cool!

I was THIS close to ordering those, but then realized I would need at least three for my tank and that would have looked a little weird over a cube so I would really need four and that just completely blew my budget.

Congrats! :)

Back