Alex's 75 gal

ok, new post-move photos!
Does anyone know what that is on the far left (sponge?) of the pic with the mandarin? It was on a piece of rock I got a long time ago and looked like a skeleton, but now it looks great.
It's tan colored and has these hexagonal honeycomb shapes, and is somewhat fuzzy in appearance.

Attachments

• new1.jpg
    new1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 266
  • new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 234
  • new3.jpg
    new3.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 252
  • new4.jpg
    new4.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 232
  • new5.jpg
    new5.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 235
  • new6.jpg
    new6.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 239
  • new7.jpg
    new7.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 259
No fair! you have Whammin zoas! Nice Paly's too. Great looking tank all around!

The piece with the mandarin looks almost like a brain coral. But don't hold me to it. Some mod I'm sure will know.

No fair! you have Whammin zoas! Nice Paly's too. Great looking tank all around!

The piece with the mandarin looks almost like a brain coral. But don't hold me to it. Some mod I'm sure will know.

I agree that it looks like a brain, but I'm not sure...it's sort of brown and fuzzy and doesn't seem to have polyps.

Hmmmmmm...

Yeah, I love those Zoas, but I need more! I have another set (Armor of God), but they aren't growing too fast.

Thats an AWESOME looking tank Alex.
Cant tell what it is that the mandrines on though,but the whole tank looks great.

Thats an AWESOME looking tank Alex.
Cant tell what it is that the mandrines on though,but the whole tank looks great.

Thanks, I'm surprised it's doing so well, actually, with the move and all. I've had a lot of luck with the tank...I think I owe it to you guys on LR, lots of live rock, and a quality skimmer.

Took a vid of the tank last night. The colors are way too blue, no idea how to fix that on the video setting of my camera, but I'll work on it....some of the corals are closed up too, since I had just used some putty which caused my skimmer to go bubble crazy.

Watch it Here

Ok, got a few new pics (finally), to include Neptune, my new Talbot Demoiselle. Also got a video where the colors look right:

NEW VIDEO

Neptune
IMG_0775.jpg

Anyone know what kind of coral this is? Looks like a brain, hitchhiked on some rocks, and is mildly fuzzy...
IMG_0865.jpg

General Tsao, the Mandarin Dragonet
IMG_0900.jpg

right side
IMG_0925.jpg

Sarah,
Thanks, yeah, they have some serious pop! The bigger orange, blue, green colony started off as 4-5 polyps, so I've gotten some good growth. Those maroon ones were really drab at the LFS and I got them for cheap. In a few days they really colored up - I'm hoping once the LEDs show up (still backordered!!), they'll spread a bit more.

I wish there was someone in the local area to do some trading with, my corals are really starting to grow out...

Back