Alex's 75 gal

Things are going ok - since my high salinity overdose (as a result of mag dosing), a lot of my verts died. I added some new snails a few weeks ago, then a few more today, and all almost died right off, after drip acclimation.

So far, the polypad I put in hasn't shown any results of copper, my PH and salinity are good, so not really sure what's going on. The corals and fish look fine....

Couple more shots, just because...
IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

The zoas really stand out in the pics.Are you taking them with just the blues on.

BTW,I thought about going with the Profilux if I went with AI but has backed off that idea.Does my lights really need a lightning storm or cloud blocking the sun.How far away are the lights on yours and any problem with bleaching?

Reef, those pics are with my LEDs in white mode with my canon. Prob don't need cloud effects or lightning, but it's a cool effect. The new software dump for the ai modules has a huge amount of functionality and you can really do all you need with them if you have no other need for a p-lux controller.

My lights are about 6" from the surface, no bleaching whatsoever, but I acclimated them over a month. I did have a dino outbreak triggered from the newer, intense lighting, but it passed like a new tank algae cycle.

GG, the bright green one is a tyree neon green toadstool leather. (Sarcophogon). It's my favorite - I sell cutting to my LFS, because apparently they are somewhat uncommon, and get good response. If you're willing to cover shipping, I'd be happy to send you a frag.

Yeah, they really are - I remember when I first got them I couldn't get over just how bright they are. When I fly over my house at night (Wearing night vision goggles), I can see the light spilling out big time!!

But, yeah, like I said, I acclimated the corals to it slowly, and nothing burned. I didn't have as much sps/lps as I have now, though.

Oh and one more thing.Okay maybe two.

The bulbs two white/one blue.Any problems with getting a balance look.I also reaad that some people are running the whites at 30-50% compared to the blues.Whats a your take on this and lastly,can I haz your lights when you get deployed,then I would only need to buy 4 modules,haha,just kidding.

The whites are so much brighter than the blues that they really wash them out. Even
7-8% whites will almost overwhelm 100% blues. I still run the whites up to a 100% by noon to maximize the lighting, but during the evening hours, my whites go all the way down to 1% while the blues slowly dim down over a few hours, so you can get a nice blue look. If you like a blue look all the time, you'll be really losing a lot of the PAR, I'd think.

Well, when I get back from my deployment, I'm going to get 2 more modules so I'll have a total of 6! That way I'll e ale to do a 6' long tank.

Still going strong, haven't been on lately, since my lasptop power cord died, waiting for a replacement.

Nothing new with the tank, fraggin' stuff up slowly..

Back