Amba's Dream Tank

So the frag swap is a week away, thanks to the generosity of others I will be able to come home with a good number of frags. Really excited to add some new stuff to the tank. Here are some updated pics, the mushroom section of the tank, my big leather who is getting used to the tank, and my Kole. Enjoy, even though they are iPhone pics.

xE1ve.jpg

Yeah I could spend a fortune at his booth alone, looking forward to it, if anyone sees me there be sure to say hi and introduce yourself, I missed everyone from LR last year.

Yeah I could spend a fortune at his booth alone, looking forward to it, if anyone sees me there be sure to say hi and introduce yourself, I missed everyone from LR last year.

Well I have stuff for you so def going to meet up :D...

Added a really nice filter sock mount to my sump system, made a new sump lid, got some veggie clips, and some other goodies, pics to come

Doing some major modifications to the tank. Moving the rock from the entire 1/3 left side into the middle, and installing egg crate stairs for frags.

:bounce:Updates!:bounce:

So I have been doing some changes over the last week or two, (and really bored right now), and I figured I should update. I have added some things since my last post, and have made a lot of modifications in my setup. The only coral I have added has been a very large female leather (currently shedding). :grumble:

I changed my sump top from glass to egg crate, it will cause much more evaporation, but I think it might be a good thing. I built a frag rack out of egg crate and zip ties, and added it to the left side, and moved the rock/coral from the left side to the right side. The frag rack just has a couple pieces on it that I have been growing for a bit. Most of these frags are going to Zybergoby. :mrgreen:

Nh4X1.jpg

I have been changing my aqua-scape here and there. I got two new veggie clips for my Julian Sprung, trying to get my Tang to eat all the flavors. All my fish are getting along quite well. :sfish:

im1qI.jpg

B5YmK.jpg

S4d43.jpg

ufEox.jpg

I added some filter socks and got a nice filter sock mount for them. The filter socks that I use are felt, not mesh, which just means I have to clean them more often.

HtN76.jpg

5r0y9.jpg

Pic of the nearly empty top frag rack:

BrltD.jpg

I have really been working to lock down the tank parameters, and have finally mastered all the tweaks and have the following parameters:

Salinity 1.024
Temperature 77.0
NH3/NH4 Undetectable
NO2 Undetectable
NO3 Undetectable, rarely 5ppm
Calcium Holding steady at 420ppm
Mag Holding steady at 1350ppm
pH 8.2 as always
dKH ~8
Phosphates 0

I have had no deaths since the start of the tank as far as I know. All my little teeny electric blue hermits are growing. I have been feeding my urchins on a regular basis, from Julian Sprung's, and am still using the Cyclop-eeeZe and Zooplankton/Marinesnow + Reef Chili for my corals. I have also made a routine for maintaining my tank, and am on the following now;

Sunday: Feed fish (Mysis), feed coral (Marinesnow), check 2-part (Alk/Mag), test Ca+, Mag, Alk, clean display glass, clean uv bulb with wiper, spot feed dendros.

Monday: Replenish Julian Sprung in veggie clips, clean display glass, 5G water change.

Tuesday: Clean display glass, check NO3, trace elements, Feed fish (Spirulina), feed coral (Zooplan).

Wednesday:
Feed fish (Vitamin Marine Pellets), change filter sock, clean display glass.

Thursday:
Spot feed dendros, feed coral (Reef Chili), replenish sea veggies, clean display glass, 5G water change.

Friday: Feed fish (Brine Shrimp soaked), test for phosphates, clean display glass.

Saturday:
-Full Maintenance: Change filter sock, empty/autoclean the skimmer head, spot feed dendros (Because pumps are already off for cleaning), clean display glass, clean acrylic under light, clean overflow, clean salt creep on sump, replace Julian Sprung in veggie clip, top off ATO reservoir.

Anyways that was a long and boring post. Frag swap Saturday! Weeeeeeee!

I agree. Not boring at all. I like to know other people's schedule for feeding, dosing, cleaning, etc... Sometimes it gives me an idea I hadn't thought of. Thanks for sharing! Looks great!

Back